• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread - Kick off 2-00 PM

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
On Will's goal, he made a lot of ground to get in at the back post. When The Judge started his run Will outside the penalty area and giving away a good couple of yards away to his marker before getting in at the back stick
Showed much more of a strikers instinct than The Admiral ever did!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wonderful commentary on ifollow/Radio Devon. Hats off to Jim Dale and Jon Beer - about as good as it gets.

The only other thing I would have wanted was Alan Tonge sat behind them bellowing a couple of 'get in, you beauty'!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Pleased with the way we played".

Really? They were a dreadful watch
Watching Northampton week in week out must be dreadful. However, the long throw is something that even those Hollywood boys in North Wales use to great success so can't be too precious I guess

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Showed much more of a strikers instinct than The Admiral ever did!
I hear on the grapevine that he has been lined up alongside Kitey for an end of season cameo v Oxford to enable us all to wish him well for his contribution to the cause ;)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It made me smile to see him say that.

I watch the home games from a position just behind the home dugout. Caldwell frequently tells players they are in the wrong position. Earlier in the season this seemed to unsettle players. Lately they seem to heed the instruction and shift accordingly (some more hesitantly than others to be fair).
I'm normally over the other side so curious to know how Gary instructs players whilst out of position? Does he belt it out in a broad Glaswegian with a snarl on his face, or more of a father to son style with genuine warmth :unsure:

craigbratt

There have only been three seasons where City have won more than ten away games. All three seasons were in League Two (4th tier).
2016/17 - 13
2015/16 - 11
2012/13 - 11

in the 20th Century in 73 seasons of being in the Football League City had never won more than 8 away games in a season (achieved on 4 occasions). In the 21st century City have had 8 or more away wins in 11 of 16 seasons in the Football League and in 5 of the 6 seasons in the Conference. The arrival of luxury coach travel and flybe could be argued to be the amongst the most significant factors in making City into a competitive football club.
Would love to do a SM post on this but want to be factually accurate. Is "Ten away wins in a single season is a post-war club record in the third tier" correct?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
On Will's goal, he made a lot of ground to get in at the back post. When The Judge started his run Will outside the penalty area and giving away a good couple of yards away to his marker before getting in at the back stick
You're sticking with The Judge nickname then? Even though no-one else uses it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonderful commentary on ifollow/Radio Devon. Hats off to Jim Dale and Jon Beer - about as good as it gets.

The only other thing I would have wanted was Alan Tonge sat behind them bellowing a couple of 'get in, you beauty'!
I loved the bit when @Jim Dale was attempting to show empathy for Argyle's plight when they went behind but couldn't quite put his bias to one side and said 'as much as we all like to see Argyle lose...'🤣🤣🤣

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm normally over the other side so curious to know how Gary instructs players whilst out of position? Does he belt it out in a broad Glaswegian with a snarl on his face, or more of a father to son style with genuine warmth :unsure:
Confirm snarling Glaswegian !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hear on the grapevine that he has been lined up alongside Kitey for an end of season cameo v Oxford to enable us all to wish him well for his contribution to the cause ;)
The only admirals I want to see in red this summer are butterflies.