• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton v Exeter Matchday Thread

Ashford Grecian

And this coming from one of the more positive posters on this forum. It will be a looooooooong season indeed.

LL
Not wishing to put a negative spin on things but I really think it will be.... I just don't see where the goals are going to come from, there wont be too many hammerings, as the derby game aside we look fairly solid at the back...

We could have got away with a point today if we had just played a little higher up the pitch and just tried to keep the ball in safer areas....

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't get me wrong, I rate him, and see the potential to really blossom, and expect him to. I do think he needs to believe in himself more and realise he's better than most he is up against though, and really try to boss the game, and I don't think he's doing that at the moment
He needs to play 20 yards further up the pitch where he can utilise his excellent vision and passing...at the moment he's bogged down 10 yards in front of the back 5 with short sideways passing his only real option!

ecfc70

just had a facebook message from a lad i used to work with and who takes his boy to most cobblers home games.......all he said was that we didn't play too bad and that keeper of yours was good

Silver fox

About 200 I would guess, on the G&T this evening !
Good man, at least we've got the new series of The X Factor for the next 12 Saturdays (facepalm)

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
just had a facebook message from a lad i used to work with and who takes his boy to most cobblers home games.......all he said was that we didn't play too bad and that keeper of yours was good
Nice.

Of course we lost.

But jolly good show from our chaps.

paperclip

One shot on target, which came from a midfielder. Says it all. Relegation looms large.

Oldsmobile-88

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from, there wont be too many hammerings, as the derby game aside we look fairly solid at the back...
Indeed....The best chance we had of scoring was when a Northampton defender sliced a clearance & their keeper pulled off a smart tip over....Similar to Burton when our only chance was a short back header that was intercepted to the keeper..

I thought Pym had another good game....

Last edited:

grecian55

Every game we play we seem to get pushed further and further back ,piling more pressure on ourselves and with no real outlet to relieve the pressure ,was it still all 11 back at corners today ?

STURTZ

Seems we need O.G. to start scoring again.

Avening Posse

Every game we play we seem to get pushed further and further back ,piling more pressure on ourselves and with no real outlet to relieve the pressure ,was it still all 11 back at corners today ?
No, we appear to have rectified that, in the first half for example both Jay and Wheeler (at least I think it was Wheeler) stayed up on the halfway line