• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Your last sentence sums him up. He was a con artist and a showman. I'm someone who has a great interest in the paranormal from a scientific perspective and whilst I can't rule out that mediumship might be possible, Acorah just set mediumship back years with his pathetic acting and ridiculous lies all to self promote and make a quick buck. It's not nice someone dying obviously but he has zero respect from me.
Can I ask what scientific perspective ? I've watched a few of these Haunted shows with that annoying Yvette Fielding woman and its all pretty much faked by the look of it.
Everything is just out of shot when anything happens that's meant to be ghost or spirit related.

Isn't there prize money somewhere waiting to be won if ghost's or spirits can be proven to actually exist ?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasn't he the **** with the shop down in Plymouth's Barbican? Waste of space IMO, made a living exploiting vulnerable people. RIP.

DB9

Can I ask what scientific perspective ? I've watched a few of these Haunted shows with that annoying Yvette Fielding woman and its all pretty much faked by the look of it.
Everything is just out of shot when anything happens that's meant to be ghost or spirit related.

Isn't there prize money somewhere waiting to be won if ghost's or spirits can be proven to actually exist ?
There's nothing scientific about it Ramone, They're just good at leading questions to get their "Facts" and are very good at exploiting vulnerable people who are in a difficult place like when they've just lost a loved one

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Hence why I asked about Lego's interest from a scientific POV , Nothing scientific about ripping people off.

DB9

Hence why I asked about Lego's interest from a scientific POV , Nothing scientific about ripping people off.
Ripping then off is bad enough but preying on people who are mourning is the lowest

Legohead

Banned

Basically Ramone, Most Haunted is primarily an entertainment show and it's produced as such. I know a few paranormal groups who are just normal lads and lasses passionate about the other side and hauntings etc and they use all sorts of scientific equipment and experiments to try and capture events. Not so much evidence but events. There is admittedly some remarkably weird sh*t caught on some of these devices but none can be claimed to be 'evidence'. I believe in spirit energy though and that everything in the universe is ultimately one energy and one consciousness. That energy still lives when we've gone. Not saying it's ghosts but it's energy that has the capacity to interact and to create movement and visual distortions.

All the ghost hunting programmes on TV are just for telly. Ghost Adventures is about the best because they at least do adopt some scientific techniques. Most Haunted however was just a light hearted laugh yet many took it seriously and were weirdly distraught to find out that Derek Acorah was a charlatan. As if anyone believed otherwise unless they were incredibly naïve or stupid.

Ghosts will only exist if the person who sees it experiences it and believes it. My mate could show me a compelling ghost clip but unless I was there and experiencing it it can never be truly believed.

STURTZ

All the ghost hunting programmes on TV are just for telly. Ghost Adventures is about the best because they at least do adopt some scientific techniques. Most Haunted however was just a light hearted laugh yet many took it seriously and were weirdly distraught to find out that Derek Acorah was a charlatan. As if anyone believed otherwise unless they were incredibly naïve or stupid.
Even "naïve" and "stupid" people could be described as vulnerable.

Legohead

Banned
Even "naïve" and "stupid" people could be described as vulnerable.
I disagree. If any sane person believes that a person paid to divulge details of deceased loved ones is genuine then it's difficult to have sympathy. Sympathy for their grief yes but not their stupidity. I'd be more likely to believe a person NOT paid to do the same thing but still i'd be naive or stupid.

STURTZ

Yes if a "stupid" person wants to find solace in the ramblings of a person that dwells and on their misery and profits from it then I suppose that's o.k. What a nice bloke.....

...still a **** though!

Legohead

Banned
Yes if a "stupid" person wants to find solace in the ramblings of a person that dwells and on their misery and profits from it then I suppose that's o.k. What a nice bloke.....

...still a **** though!
I'm not saying it's ok Sturtz. I agree with you but you have to factor in the intelligence of the audience member. If I go and watch a medium show it is likely to be at a nice theatre and i'd pay about 20 quid a ticket. It's a show. It's done to make the medium lots of money. If anyone genuinely holds the belief that the medium is communicating with dead relatives then surely they have more of problem than simply grief?

Seeing a medium perform is about entertainment. Like the Ghost shows we see on tv. Not about actually someone communicating with the dead because as far as I know that isn't possible.