• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Frank Ifield aged 86 . Although born in Coventry he moved to Australia as a young boy , he had many hits starting in the early 1960’s , most famous of which was ‘ I remember you ‘ . Often included yodelling in his songs .

lamrobhero

When my life is through
And the angels ask me to recall
The thrill of it all
Then I will tell them I remember you-ooh!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ian ‘Chico’ Hamilton(73) Footballer.
Always referred to by his nickname by most commentators. Best remembered from his time at Aston Villa.

STURTZ

Frank Ifield aged 86 . Although born in Coventry he moved to Australia as a young boy , he had many hits starting in the early 1960’s , most famous of which was ‘ I remember you ‘ . Often included yodelling in his songs .
Saw him at Glasto once! About 6'7 dressed all in yellow including a ten gallon hat!
Strange thing is that I initially thought the recent death of Frank Field was actually the yodelling Aussie!

PeteUSA

Saw Frank Ifield at The ABC (Savoy) Exeter, circa 1962. He was on The Everly Bros bill, the time that Don Everly dropped out leaving brother Phil to go it alone.

Colesman Ballz

Saw Frank Ifield at The ABC (Savoy) Exeter, circa 1962. He was on The Everly Bros bill, the time that Don Everly dropped out leaving brother Phil to go it alone.
At least he got to perform, unlike P.J. Proby who was pulled from one of those shows after his infamous trouser splitting episodes at other venues on the tour ! 😲

STURTZ

"Worked" with PJ recently, fireworks at Ludlow Castle. Doesn't split his trousers during his act anymore, just waits for an opportune moment and sh1ts himself. Crowd go wild!

PeteUSA

At least he got to perform, unlike P.J. Proby who was pulled from one of those shows after his infamous trouser splitting episodes at other venues on the tour ! 😲
I was at that 1965 show too, and was looking forward to seeing PJ. As you say, he was banned from the tour for apparent indecent behaviour with his trousers. I felt awfully sorry for Cilla Black though, who had to go to the top of the bill in PJ's place. 'We want PJ'! rang out continuously from the disappointed girls as she tried to sing. She looked petrified!

iscalad

David Wilkie aged 70. RIP

DB9

David Wilkie aged 70. RIP

Sad news that, Do remember him winning the gold in 1976. Didn't realise he chose to retire only a month after that win aged 22. RIP