• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Stelios

He was an anglophile and gained British Citizenship in 2004, Also loved football too and supported Arsenal i think. RIP
Sorry I was referring to Mr Draper and his career as a dodgy/sleazy ‘political advisor’

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry I was referring to Mr Draper and his career as a dodgy/sleazy ‘political advisor’
If you read David Soul's wiki page he lead a not so whiter than white life, Especially with regards to his ex's, That's why I thought you were talking about him.

Oldsmobile-88

Loved David Soul in Magnum Force(1971) Especially the part where he pulls over a pimp driving a Caddy Eldorado(of course !) on the road under the Golden Gate.
He sold a few records in 1977...’Silver Lady’ is my ear worm at the moment

Reactions: DB9

DB9

A legend of Brazilian Football Mario Zagallo dies aged 92. Played and coached Brazil to WC glory 4 times. RIP

DB9

Pioneering British surgeon Prof Sir Roy Calne, who undertook the first liver transplant operation in Europe, has died at the age of 93. RIP

ecfc70

Franz Beckenbauer 78

iscalad

Franz Beckenbauer 78
Wonderful player. RIP

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
They don't come much better - RIP

Oldsmobile-88

RIP Der Kaiser.

arthur

I saw a documentary about the 66 World Cup Final in which Bobby Charlton said how much he hadn't enjoyed the game. Alf had told him to man mark Beckenbauer and Beckenbauer had been told to mark Charlton. "So the pair of us trotted round the pitch next to each other all game and neither of us got to do anything much " (or words to that effect)