• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

October/March International break

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
It appear Luke 'goals' Harris was playing as a 9?
Described by the commentators as a 10. In the pre-match graphic he was one of 2 10s behind the main striker, but when the game got under way they said that Wales had moved Colwill, their main attacking threat (50 Championship appearances for Cardiff IIRC), further forward. As a result Harris dropped deeper. So, in effect, Harris became the one 10 behind two strikers.

STURTZ

For me all the international break does is give us a foretaste of the close season. Very good for the players involved maybe but nothing compensates for no City match. We may have been "boring" this season but God I miss it when we're not playing.

JGrecian23

For me all the international break does is give us a foretaste of the close season. Very good for the players involved maybe but nothing compensates for no City match. We may have been "boring" this season but God I miss it when we're not playing.
First time I've agreed with you. Don't let it happen again.

Antony Moxey

Not sure on that one Sturtz. I find it quite the novelty seeing our players playing international matches. I mean, who would have thought we’d sit through 87 minutes of Wales v Finland (in Welsh, too) to see one of our players on the pitch? I quite like the international breaks, but you are correct in one thing though - it’s no substitute for watching a City game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How did Sudan get on?

Squeezebox

Not sure on that one Sturtz. I find it quite the novelty seeing our players playing international matches. I mean, who would have thought we’d sit through 87 minutes of Wales v Finland (in Welsh, too) to see one of our players on the pitch? I quite like the international breaks, but you are correct in one thing though - it’s no substitute for watching a City game.
I was watching and hadn't even realised Ilmari came on when he did!

iscalad

How did Sudan get on?
Won 1-0.
When we see each other again, I'll introduce you to Google. :love:

Antony Moxey

Won 1-0.
😁 Beat Guinea Bissau. Can you introduce me to Google too as I can’t find the scorer.

iscalad

😁 Beat Guinea Bissau. Can you introduce me to Google too as I can’t find the scorer.
Neither can I. :cool:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Won 1-0.
I had found the score but had hoped someone would add in some details.