• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Odds & sods

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is that Woodman's blonde mop in goal?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that Woodman's blonde mop in goal?
Yes, just before the first of his pair of sending-offs.

fred binneys head

Was that Jon Richardson making the howler?

Rosencrantz

Was that Jon Richardson making the howler?
It looks like Rico running back just before Jon Brown comes into picture, slightly bouncy hair. I think the double culprit along with Andy Woodman is probably Robbie Turner who often "played" at centre back for us.

Oldsmobile-88

Gilbert & his Radio was mentioned on another thread.

7F9F6BB6-23EA-42E0-9A39-AAE5AB5B2A4B.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Groundsman Sonny Clark was given a testimonial game in 1980 to recognise his long service at SJP.
Derby County were the opposition, managed by former Grecian manager John Newman.

6A97F05E-1C15-493A-AB6E-F15EF7626B42.jpeg

dontpassback

Groundsman Sonny Clark was given a testimonial game in 1980 to recognise his long service at SJP.
Derby County were the opposition, managed by former Grecian manager John Newman.

View attachment 15548
The late tony ellis,who lived near me in st thomas,very nice man,who assisted at euro 96 I believe

Oldsmobile-88

The late tony ellis,who lived near me in st thomas,very nice man,who assisted at euro 96 I believe
Everyone who came into contact with Tony Ellis had nothing but praise for the man.
He looked after the match day officials & Ball Boys for years. A friend of mine, his son was a BB, he was heartbroken when he passed away.

Oldsmobile-88

Peter Taylor before his debut for The Grecians on 24/9/83 in the Division 3 fixture against Wimbledon
(L 0-3) He played 8 games before departing soon after the FAC defeat away at Maidstone, he allegedly had a row with a director after the game, which hastened his departure the following week.

Taylor had a good career with Crystal Palace & Spurs as a winger, before dropping down to Division 2 with Orient for a few seasons, injures had slowed him by the time he reached the Grecians, though he was only 30, his brief time at SJP was his last in the Football League.
Represented England on a few occasions, plus of managed the national team for one game after Kevin Keegans sudden departure in 2000.

40DFCBC9-B82B-4B63-B6CE-B5BBBC7AE5A5.jpeg

fred binneys head

First replica kit I ever had that was.