• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official SIEGE Army ultras thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
This mean I shouldn't bring my "Legalise fox hunting" banner to Rovers? Darn.
You could show you REALLY want rid of Clinton Morrison by reprising the 1970s with a "No blacks, No Irish" banner.

alt_mindset

Don't know if it would be too soon but if something could be planned for fa cup second round day it would hopefully give the players a boost to try and get us into the third round. Would also get some coverage with the BBC being there that day.

Failing that argyle home is probably the one to make the big effort for as will be a largely full bank and potential to make it very loud.
Argyle is a funny one really, kind of irrelevant because everyone will be 100% for that game (hopefully), we're just trying to make sure York at home doesn't happen again, haha.
And the FA Cup game, hasn't really be discussed yet. Personally, I think we should make a big deal of it, perhaps a banner like "Football is not for TV, sod off BBC", "When Exeter go out to play, we want it on a Saturday" or just a general "Against Modern Football"
That In addition to the numerous flags there, it certainly is a big fixture for us given our recent FA cup, uh, runs.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Argyle is a funny one really, kind of irrelevant because everyone will be 100% for that game (hopefully), we're just trying to make sure York at home doesn't happen again, haha.
And the FA Cup game, hasn't really be discussed yet. Personally, I think we should make a big deal of it, perhaps a banner like "Football is not for TV, sod off BBC", "When Exeter go out to play, we want it on a Saturday" or just a general "Against Modern Football"
That In addition to the numerous flags there, it certainly is a big fixture for us given our recent FA cup, uh, runs.
While it is poor that the BBC should be wont to moving a load of games to Sunday just so they can do a special somewhat patronising results show, it is in the club's gift to accept or refuse permission for this (not for live TV matches, however). Barnsley refused to move their tie at Altrincham to the Sunday in the first round. FCUM attracted widespread ridicule for their protest at having to play on a Monday night. TV coverage is a good thing, it nets us both money and exposure. Do it well and it could translate into a lot of positivity.

And don't get me started on the immensely hypocritical "Against Modern Football"....! (Dons protective headgear from the inevitable onslaught)

What is wrong with simply doing something to promote a POSITIVE atmosphere, instead of having to be "against" things? The "Siege Army" thing worked well in 2011 as it was instigated to get people singing at matches, promoting a positive attitude that translated onto the pitch in improved performances. The whole point of generating an atmosphere is for it to have a positive impact on the pitch - focus on that instead of being all shouty and protesty, you may find you attract a lot more people into it. I for one love a good song at a match and will happily join in (and do) with positive chants aimed at getting those useless feckers in red 'n' white to kick the little round thing into the big netty thing, or to remind the referee or opponents that they are rubbish.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally, I think we should make a big deal of it, perhaps a banner like "Football is not for TV, sod off BBC", "When Exeter go out to play, we want it on a Saturday"
That's a shocking idea. We're not FC United. Why would we not want our side on telly with the money that comes with it?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I am quite happy to have the money as long as it doesn't mean a much lower crowd. Think it is a good thing for us, but do agree sometimes it's annoying having kick off times messed about with.

We have a good terrace with is an asset. If the fans can create something and the team can put on a show to encourage it then potentially we could have a support which away teams won't fancy.

alt_mindset

That's a shocking idea. We're not FC United. Why would we not want our side on telly with the money that comes with it?
Fair enough, I'm a bit of a non-league-r and so these sentiments rub off on me.

Edit: However, I do think we need to realise why football in general needs all this money pumped into it, but lets not get into that right now.

Last edited:

alt_mindset

While it is poor that the BBC should be wont to moving a load of games to Sunday just so they can do a special somewhat patronising results show, it is in the club's gift to accept or refuse permission for this (not for live TV matches, however). Barnsley refused to move their tie at Altrincham to the Sunday in the first round. FCUM attracted widespread ridicule for their protest at having to play on a Monday night. TV coverage is a good thing, it nets us both money and exposure. Do it well and it could translate into a lot of positivity.

And don't get me started on the immensely hypocritical "Against Modern Football"....! (Dons protective headgear from the inevitable onslaught)

What is wrong with simply doing something to promote a POSITIVE atmosphere, instead of having to be "against" things? The "Siege Army" thing worked well in 2011 as it was instigated to get people singing at matches, promoting a positive attitude that translated onto the pitch in improved performances. The whole point of generating an atmosphere is for it to have a positive impact on the pitch - focus on that instead of being all shouty and protesty, you may find you attract a lot more people into it. I for one love a good song at a match and will happily join in (and do) with positive chants aimed at getting those useless feckers in red 'n' white to kick the little round thing into the big netty thing, or to remind the referee or opponents that they are rubbish.
Haha, yeah OK, good point, well raised. Like I said I enjoy watching non-league football on occasions and that protest side of football rubs off onto me.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, yeah OK, good point, well raised. Like I said I enjoy watching non-league football on occasions and that protest side of football rubs off onto me.
Fair enough, and incidentally for all my perceived criticism I do welcome the ideas behind getting people to make a bit of noise at the Park, keep it up!

RyanPugh

So to clear everything up - what's the plan for the Rovers match?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that the Siege Army flag is being shown on the Big Bank for tonight's FA Youth tie.