• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's scored 30 goals for Chelsea in the last two seasons, bare in mind this season hasn't finished yet, and is still only 23. Hardly a player who hasn't done it.
He's scored 12 goals in all competitions this season.
When at Villa he scored 25 in 37 games in the Championship. Don't think there's a great difference in their goalscoring, but Ollie does one helluva lot of pressing up.front. Abraham arguably the better header of the ball - he's well over 6ft tall, it helps- but imo Ollie is better all round.
The point of the article I mentioned was that the gossip is that Ollie would be moved to the wing to make room for Abraham in the middle.
Let me repeat, it's only gossip, but considering Abraham is a Villa fans favourite it could happen

tonykellowfan

Tammy Abrahams is a very good player and a classic example of how clubs like Chelsea waste talent (bear in mind Chelsea had both Salah and De Bruyne).

I can see him doing very well at Villa.

IndoMike

Tammy Abrahams is a very good player and a classic example of how clubs like Chelsea waste talent (bear in mind Chelsea had both Salah and De Bruyne).

He already has done very well at Villa, when he was on loan there in the Champ'ship.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Yes, but most of them do it. Take Martinez at Villa, plucked from obscurity by Dean Smith after 8 years at Arsenal and numerous loans. Just 15 appearances for Arsenal, yet he has shone at Villa. A real waste of talent.

jrg333

...and Lukaku(!) who's just won the league for Inter after 9 years of Juve winning Serie A in a row.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would be good if Ollie would do a Kane for the club that brought him up
Afram City

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Abraham worth more in the febrile transfer market than Ollie? Perhaps, given his greater experience and scoring record over several years. Would they be a good pairing at Villa? I suspect not, unless Grealish leaves and the manage needs to recast the way they play.

budegrecian

Involvement in the European Finals, means it unlikely that the Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd players will feature in England's two early June friendlies. Hopefully, Ollie with get some game time, preferably starting, and earn us some additional cash.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Involvement in the European Finals, means it unlikely that the Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd players will feature in England's two early June friendlies. Hopefully, Ollie with get some game time, preferably starting, and earn us some additional cash.
My thoughts too. Villa without Grealish means any supply line to Ollie is non existent and he is currently not having the opportunity to really show Southgate what he can do.

I have watched a number of Villa’s games this season and been singularly unimpressed with their performances.

Pobbop

Not a great weekend for him TBH, so far, with his England rivals like Greenwood, Wilson, Bamford all scoring.