• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

One of the great nights to be a Grecian

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Post of the year. Nine days in. I LOLled...
I'll rest my case on December 31st ;)

Well done Exeter great result,to be honest it's a game you should of won,but a replay at anfield is a real money spinner,a good game too watch too,from a gull

Bexster

A great post Alan, totally summed it all up.

I missed being on the bank last night but it all came across so fantastically on tv.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Top post that AC - after 40 odd years of supporting my local club through bad times (lots !) and good times (a few !) last night sums up why I and others do it, give me little old Exeter anytime over the overrated , overpaid prima donna's of the premiership.
Thanks go to the management, the players the ground-staff (the pitch was not that bad Mr Klopp) the volunteers who worked tirelessly with the tickets and the supporters who were superb last night possibly the best atmosphere I can remember at SJP.
My one hope from the night is that some of the 'big game' supporters may even consider coming back - surely they enjoyed that !

A great evening to be a Grecian - UTC

happygrecian

Great post, and it was an amazing night. Everyone gave 100% from the guys on the pitch to the lads in the crowd. The BB was rocking the whole evening. This was a night I'll never forget. Funny thing is, I've supported Liverpool for 40 years since being a boy at primary school, but when it comes to ECFC v LFC there's no doubt in my heart about who I'm supporting! Great to hear Stanno's Song chanted throughout as well.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had to hold back the tears reading that!!
Snoop I thought I was on my own brilliant post by Alan and yes there must be something in my eye. I was away on a course when City played Newcastle but was at the Park for the Leicester win but can never ever remember such an amazing atmosphere with the fans singing non stop throughout the game. We could not possibly have presented ourselves to the National and International football communities and media in a better light.

Was left with mixed emotions because on that team performance we deserved to be in the fourth round draw outright and it seemed to me that we were well in control until losing Noble followed in quick succession by Ribs and Holmes all three of whom had been our most influential players.

The upside is we now have a money spinning trip to Anfield and if Herr Klopp keeps to his word about fielding a similar team and we have Noble, Ribs, Holmes and Harley fit then I certainly would not write off our chances of causing an upset.

Great that the team put in such a brilliant performance particularly as the match had a media blanket coverage, BBC 1 as well as full commentary on Five live sport and Talksport and of course Radio Devon. The Club did themselves and the City of Exeter proud. Is it too much to hope now that the blinkered members of the ECC could wake up and realise that whilst the Chiefs are doing well and we had a few World Cup matches, a successful football league Club has a far greater potential for putting Exeter City as a City in the limelight and on the national and international media map and helping instead of hindering our efforts to develop and progress the Club.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
A superb post there Sexton.

But just a small point - in your list of absent (or just returned!*) friends you missed Master Wheeler. If most (or all!) are FULLY fit in 10 days time Herr Flick could be in for another wake up call. Although it (arguably) cost us the famous win, with tough games at Morecame and L'Orient coming up thick and fast I suggest Tis taking off Nobes, Ribs and Holmes when he did was probably the right call. And, let's not forget, the SourKraut has not been the only manager beset by injuries to his key players over the last month or three.

PS: Watching to the iplayer, I did love the way that, after the subs, the commentator did, ever so politely, point out to Fanny Murphy that this was the first starts for both Nobes and Ribs since NOVEMBER. That shut the little red-nose up.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A superb post there Sexton.

But just a small point - in your list of absent (or just returned!*) friends you missed Master Wheeler. If most (or all!) are FULLY fit in 10 days time Herr Flick could be in for another wake up call. Although it (arguably) cost us the famous win, with tough games at Morecame and L'Orient coming up thick and fast I suggest Tis taking off Nobes, Ribs and Holmes when he did was probably the right call. And, let's not forget, the SourKraut has not been the only manager beset by injuries to his key players over the last month or three.

PS: Watching to the iplayer, I did love the way that, after the subs, the commentator did, ever so politely, point out to Fanny Murphy that this was the first starts for both Nobes and Ribs since NOVEMBER. That shut the little red-nose up.
Thanks G2K agree with your views concerning Tisdale's substitution decisions and as for omitting David Wheeler that was a major senior moment.

elginCity

Big day for Zizou here in Spain, and the biggest sports daily Marca, found in every bar and cafe throughout the land, is full of it.

They also award a 'performance of the day', taken from all sport around the world, and today the 3 points is awarded to Exeter City FC.

Gallant runners up; Kobe Bryant and Rafa Nadal. :D

Grecian2K

Big day for Zizou here in Spain, and the biggest sports daily Marca, found in every bar and cafe throughout the land, is full of it.

They also award a 'performance of the day', taken from all sport around the world, and today the 3 points is awarded to Exeter City FC.

Gallant runners up; Kobe Bryant and Rafa Nadal. :D

Oh, a classic find there Elgin.

BTW - Regarding this 'Nadal' chap...never heard of him but any chance he might be suited to a role shoring up our defence for the rest of the season?