• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Open Appeal To BoS Members

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt that those of you who visit Exeweb restrict yourselves to this forum but just in case:

1) Does the BoS fully appreciate and understand its legal and other duties to represent its shareholders and hold the club Board to account ?

2) Is the BoS satisfied that these duties are being performed fully and adequately? If not what action is going to be taken ?

2) Will the management account figures since 31 May 2010 be made available to Trust Members on the Trust website showing the operating loss and a forecast for the year stripping out windfalls ?

There is credible evidence that the Club pursues a risky business model and that there is a serious structural cost deficit in its operations. Most Trust members probably have little time to consider financial matters but there will be a lot of angry members if a difficult financial position is being covered up.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I can't write or pose the questions as well as you Al, but I'm stood square behind you.

Could we please have some, if not all of the answers to the questions posed above, please BOS?

Alistair20000

I can't write or pose the questions as well as you Al, but I'm stood square behind you.

Could we please have some, if not all of the answers to the questions posed above, please BOS?
Thanks for the support. [y] We could do with a lot more.

We are not asking for much information but the issues are of fundamental importance to the Club and Trust.

I have e-mailed my concerns to the Trust and hope a lot of others will be doing the same.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alistair.

I will take you questions to the BOS and will respond with a collective view as soon as possible.

Martin Lawrence
ECFC Supporters' Trust Press Officer

Alistair20000

Alistair.

I will take you questions to the BOS and will respond with a collective view as soon as possible.

Martin Lawrence
ECFC Supporters' Trust Press Officer
Thank you for that. I appreciate what you do.

Mackster

I doubt that those of you who visit Exeweb restrict yourselves to this forum but just in case:

1) Does the BoS fully appreciate and understand its legal and other duties to represent its shareholders and hold the club Board to account ?

2) Is the BoS satisfied that these duties are being performed fully and adequately? If not what action is going to be taken ?

2) Will the management account figures since 31 May 2010 be made available to Trust Members on the Trust website showing the operating loss and a forecast for the year stripping out windfalls ?

There is credible evidence that the Club pursues a risky business model and that there is a serious structural cost deficit in its operations. Most Trust members probably have little time to consider financial matters but there will be a lot of angry members if a difficult financial position is being covered up.
All good, but I also think the concerns of some Trust members should be addressed to the club via the BoS and we should have the club response rather than just the BoS's reply.

Alistair20000

All good, but I also think the concerns of some Trust members should be addressed to the club via the BoS and we should have the club response rather than just the BoS's reply.
As we are told there is close liaison between the Club and the BoS I would expect any response from the BoS to include the Club's view of matters and the BoS analysis of that response.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alistair.

With all due respect, you will probably not get what you have stated above, simply because (like it or not) I do not have the necessary resource to co-ordinate this sort of thing. I am still pulling together components of correspondence for a response to your previous comments that I will post on here shortly.

For your information, I would like to do a communications piece about some of the issues you have raised here, in the new year. I hope to be able to be able to get comment from the club Finance Director as well as the Trust that will form part of the Trust's weekly news edition on the club website.

To view this week's offering, check out; http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2249949,00.html

Alistair20000

Alistair.

With all due respect, you will probably not get what you have stated above, simply because (like it or not) I do not have the necessary resource to co-ordinate this sort of thing. I am still pulling together components of correspondence for a response to your previous comments that I will post on here shortly.

For your information, I would like to do a communications piece about some of the issues you have raised here, in the new year. I hope to be able to be able to get comment from the club Finance Director as well as the Trust that will form part of the Trust's weekly news edition on the club website.

To view this week's offering, check out; http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2249949,00.html
I have looked at the link but it does not answer any of my questions. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to your future promised post and the proposed communications piece.