• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

OTR Ltd - Trust Vote

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasn’t it called Brexit?
Is it done yet? Asking for a friend...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Forum coming up this week on the subject

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what it's worth pfb screendump of voting page with linked explanatory document I can't seem to open probably due to my lack of IT skills !
It appears that the TB is attempting to avoid a General Meeting and is following Trust Rule 46 which requires :-

"Where the Trust Board considers that an issue has arisen which is of material importance to the membership and should be determined by them it may call a postal ballot of Members instead of holding a General Meeting. A postal ballot shall be conducted in accordance with such procedure as the Trust Board shall determine subject to the following principles:
46.1. notice of the ballot shall be given to each Member in the same way as notice of a General Meeting is given;
46.2. the notice must set out clearly the issue to be decided and (if relevant) contain the full text of any resolution to be put at a general meeting of the Club;
46.3. sufficient information must be provided to Members to enable an informed decision to be made; and
46.4. the date by which voting papers are to be returned must be clearly stated and shall be not less than fourteen days after notice of the ballot is deemed to have been received by the Member;
46.5. in any case where a postal ballot is appropriate the Trust Board may make such provision as it thinks fit to permit notice of the ballot to be given and voting to be conducted by electronic means."

I appreciate that there is a "Special Event" (hopefully screened / recorded to allow all 4kish Members to have access) to hopefully answer questions but feel that we have so far been provided with insufficient information to allow informed judgements to be made.
Has anyone seen the date by which votes are returned ?
Surely the final vote should be 14 days after the "Special Event" when, hopefully, sufficient information has been provided to ALL Trust Members not just the few who can make it to the "Special Event" in a room which can only hold 140 when dining ?

I remain concerned that this is being rail roaded through for reasons us Trust Members have not been told - perhaps OTR members want their cash back quickly ?

I still feel that this issue requires the General / AGM approach.
Rail roading concerns appear correct - according to Chairs Update (https://storage.uk.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_f3100dad5acd4df793f8778d19bcea24/EFC/32f567b6-c7bf-4469-81e4-d048c18b6a9a.pdf?temp_url_sig=8e01716a6b28136283c6c022969e284a98b04953&temp_url_expires=1715607895&filename=Trust Board Pack Part A 130524.pdf&inline=) "The ballot will close at mind-day on Saturday 18th May."

Looks like Rule 46.4 being ignored as notice of ballot was received 9 May so ballot should not close until at least 14 days after ie 23 May - even with CH Development members had 5 days after the forum to make an informed decision after being given all the facts.

Do Rules matter to our Trust Board ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The forum will also be live streamed on the club's YouTube channel.

ChrisWickens

I agree this could and should have been communicated better. The issue for me is quite simple. We, as members are being asked to vote on spending a huge sum of members money. We should never forget we have and owe a responsibility to members who have put in their hard earned subs over many years - some of whom are no longer with us. If I'm being asked to spend almost 300k of Trust finances I want to have all the information I need to make a decision.
I have been chewing this over for a few days but SJ has summed it up for me!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rail roading concerns appear correct - according to Chairs Update (https://storage.uk.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_f3100dad5acd4df793f8778d19bcea24/EFC/32f567b6-c7bf-4469-81e4-d048c18b6a9a.pdf?temp_url_sig=8e01716a6b28136283c6c022969e284a98b04953&temp_url_expires=1715607895&filename=Trust Board Pack Part A 130524.pdf&inline=) "The ballot will close at mind-day on Saturday 18th May."

Looks like Rule 46.4 being ignored as notice of ballot was received 9 May so ballot should not close until at least 14 days after ie 23 May - even with CH Development members had 5 days after the forum to make an informed decision after being given all the facts.

Do Rules matter to our Trust Board ?
This fact has been picked up by the Trust and the voting deadline has been extended to the appropriate time scale.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
This fact has been picked up by the Trust and the voting deadline has been extended to the appropriate time scale.
So are you saying the Trust didn't even know their own rules?

Matt Russell

It's worrying that attention to detail doesn't appear to be a strong suit.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
SJ - Chairs Update at bottom of page 12 in tonight's TB papers still states "The ballot will close at mind-day on Saturday 18th May."
Any idea what mind-day is ? - answers on a non-refundable £10 note to .........

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can any of you finance experts see any issues with figures in proposals and filed OTR company records ?