• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Memphis09

Collins established with Peterborogh a Club well capable of.making a serious challenge to be promoted and Josh holding his own in the championship with Swansea City.
Still think the players we have replaced them with are better
Good luck to them at there new clubs

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Summary of the game, including a gallery of match day pics. I thought their penalty scorer Brannagan, would have waxed lyrical about Oxford's performance but he didn't.

philb

Have been a life long supporter of City ( over 50 years ) and weaning myself off Prissy Premiership football which has become less and less enjoyable (Chelsea Season Ticket Holder).
Am now getting back to watching live City games when I can. Was at Wycombe where we were magnificent and Oxford where we were inexplicable . As a number of posts have confirmed 3-0 was ridiculously flattering to Oxford . I'm a very simple soul with no favourite players etc but what in heavens name were the management doing in keeping the very slow and ponderous Sweeny on the pitch .............I know he's probably been a great servant blah blah blah but he should have been taken off in the first 15 mins but to be fair (a little ) he was much improved in second half .....really could not have got worse though.All in all a game that we should have certainly got a point .
PS ............sad to see over exuberant Stewards and Police at Oxford simply looking for trouble as opposed to Wycombe security who were laid back and friendly.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’ve seen some quality finishes from the edge of the box from Mitchell, Cole and Trevett recently… but it’s not a sustainable way to win games of football in the long term.
Please don't talk about winning games sustainably, Xg isn't very popular round these here parts.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Have been a life long supporter of City ( over 50 years ) and weaning myself off Prissy Premiership football which has become less and less enjoyable (Chelsea Season Ticket Holder).
Am now getting back to watching live City games when I can. Was at Wycombe where we were magnificent and Oxford where we were inexplicable . As a number of posts have confirmed 3-0 was ridiculously flattering to Oxford . I'm a very simple soul with no favourite players etc but what in heavens name were the management doing in keeping the very slow and ponderous Sweeny on the pitch .............I know he's probably been a great servant blah blah blah but he should have been taken off in the first 15 mins but to be fair (a little ) he was much improved in second half .....really could not have got worse though.All in all a game that we should have certainly got a point .
PS ............sad to see over exuberant Stewards and Police at Oxford simply looking for trouble as opposed to Wycombe security who were laid back and friendly.
Sweeney has been superb at the games I've attended , so its right to keep him on.