• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Bristow RIP

jmgull

What a tragedy........he had so much to live for.

As others have said, a true fan who lived the dream and played a massive part in the regeneration of our club.

The fact that he gave plenty to the local community before his unbelievable win, in way of time and effort running cubs groups among other things for decades, shows the real side of his generous nature.

A very sad day indeed.....

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very sad day. We've lost a man who loved his football and his club.

RIP Paul.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Such sad news, A proper football fan who did what we all dream about, Putting money into the club you love. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time. RIP Paul

Grecian2K

Such sad news, A proper football fan who did what we all dream about, Putting money into the club you love. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time. RIP Paul
Too true. Echo every word said :(

[And (just a thought) - mightn't this thread be moved, or at least "mirrored" on the Other Football rather than "Banter" section?]

DB9

[And (just a thought) - mightn't this thread be moved, or at least "mirrored" on the Other Football rather than "Banter" section?]
I think that even though there is a great deal of banter on here, When tragedy strikes like this it puts all things into perspective, Also Granville knew when he posted it on here, Everyone, Green, Gull, Grecian alike are true football fans who love their club and would want to send their condolences to his family, friends and TUFC

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Very surprised! Like everyone has said, what a truly remarkable and passionate man he was. RIP.

Spoonz Red E

Very sad news.

Good banter and honest support are part of what keeps football grounded and worth being involved with.

Paul was obviously a good guy for Torquay and, by extension, all of us who can't resist football's stupid, frustrating but occasionally brilliant hook.

Condolences to his family & friends.

talked to him many many times at plainmoor,he was a genuinely nice man,who given the chance would do anything for anyone,15 million quid changed him not,but to make him more generous,snatched from life way way before his time should of been.Very painful times for his family,friends and the many he helped with his generosity

forevertufc

just like to echo the sentiments of everyone who has posted on this thread.

i never meet him sadly,however like most am well aware of what he did for tufc,the scouting movement,and this local community at large,a realy great man,with huge shoe's that can not be filled by anyone.

r.i.p paul.

argyle-ive

Nothing more to say, a proper footie fan that wanted to do his best for his local club, we can all appreciate that.

R.I.P.