• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paying for exeweb!

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Membership barred!

Spud of the week, Jersey Royals.

philexe

Charging those who are already contributing in other means would be the death of exeweb. NO CHARGE!

Red the Paper

Banned
I pay towards Exeweb because I want to. I have complete trust in Mr Exeweb to use my contribution wisely and do not need to know where else it goes.

Lobster Claw

I pay towards Exeweb because I want to. I have complete trust in Mr Exeweb to use my contribution wisely and do not need to know where else it goes.
Is it really true that Exeweb loses money and somebody pays out of their own pocket?

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
If you want 'status' in return for your donation then there are two existing options:

• Join the Trust and then use the Trust Members' site to link your Trust membership to your exeweb.com login. This gives you a Trust badge below your username, and access to the Trust Members' Forum.
  • Donate to exeweb.com to help with the running costs of the site. This gives you a "friend of exeweb.com" status.
Those two are probably sufficient, providing means of giving to both the club and the forum. You can give as much as you want in either case.

Finally, compulsory payment for membership of the forum would kill it. It isn't difficult to set up a forum so there'd be a free alternative in no time.

I wouldn't pay to read the rubbish you lot write anyway. :p

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is it really true that Exeweb loses money and somebody pays out of their own pocket?
No. He recently moved in to a new penthouse suite in Fulham on the proceeds of Exeweb.

(wonders how many infraction points that will earn, especially with the absence of an appropriate smiley)

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
No. He recently moved in to a new penthouse suite in Fulham on the proceeds of Exeweb.

(wonders how many infraction points that will earn, especially with the absence of an appropriate smiley)
That is libelous and I feel infraction points should be waived and a full ban should be imposed. Maybe we should get the Telegraph to do an expose on mis-use of exeweb expenses.

ECFC TOM

I wouldn't pay to read the rubbish you lot write anyway.
:D

Nor me.

The good thing about Exeweb is that it's easy to join and and there is a wide range of different people, and making people pay to join up would kill that IMO.

afcexeweb.com

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster

afcexeweb.com
:D is that also a 'team exeweb' reference?

Red the Paper

Banned

Nor me.

The good thing about Exeweb is that it's easy to join and and there is a wide range of different people, and making people pay to join up would kill that IMO.

afcexeweb.com
For wide range do you mean fat Tom?