• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I can’t believe Diabate wasn’t playing he’s been our best player since Xmas.

Didn’t expect to win so not surprised, Peterborough away is a free hit in the grand scheme or our season.

tom_ecfc

I can’t believe Diabate wasn’t playing he’s been our best player since Xmas.

Didn’t expect to win so not surprised, Peterborough away is a free hit in the grand scheme or our season.
Resting him for a stint up top vs Bolton!

STURTZ

"Personally still think we would have lost."

As you say, no one knows....
That's why I said "think" as opposed to "know".

Grecian Max

That's why I said "think" as opposed to "know".
Everyone else is saying what they think, too

If you're reading comments wrong, that's on you

Your aversion to criticising any bloke in the hotseat is admirable in a way but doesn't exactly mean you offer balanced viewpoints

Supporting the club is not equal to supporting the temporary guy in the tracksuit, sooner you understand that the sooner you'll realise that everyone on here wants the same thing; for City to do well

The performance was actually decent today, in comparison to a lot of the rubbish we've had to put up with this year - the initial subs definitely had a negative impact. Can't argue with the first half set up though - it worked.

Last edited:

berniesworld

Honest question , does Alli looking good mean he’ll be left on the subs’ bench ?
Of course

fred binneys head

Thought we did alright today, I saw enough to be confident we’ll easily stay up. I do worry about Sonny though, just doesn’t look strong enough or quick enough for this division. And it’s not the service, or that we’re asking him to do something unreasonable, he just isn’t strong enough, loses too many challenges and gives the ball away even when not under pressure.

Mid Devon Grecian

Everyone else is saying what they think, too

If you're reading comments wrong, that's on you

Your aversion to criticising any bloke in the hotseat is admirable in a way but doesn't exactly mean you offer balanced viewpoints

Supporting the club is not equal to supporting the temporary guy in the tracksuit, sooner you understand that the sooner you'll realise that everyone on here wants the same thing; for City to do well

The performance was actually decent today, in comparison to a lot of the rubbish we've had to put up with this year - the initial subs definitely had a negative impact. Can't argue with the first half set up though - it worked.
We got spoiled by the (and fair credit to the guy) success that Tisdale brought to the club. My memory goes back to the likes of Appleton, Fox,Blake, McNab when we were sh*t.

Some people seem to have forgotten it’s quite possible to have a poor manager.

Mid Devon Grecian

Thought we did alright today, I saw enough to be confident we’ll easily stay up. I do worry about Sonny though, just doesn’t look strong enough or quick enough for this division. And it’s not the service, or that we’re asking him to do something unreasonable, he just isn’t strong enough, loses too many challenges and gives the ball away even when not under pressure.
Why do you think we’re so weak up front?

Appear to have loads of ‘defenders’

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do you think we’re so weak up front?

Appear to have loads of ‘defenders’
Geographically, were more of a left back part of the country. Always have been, always will be.

Mid Devon Grecian

Geographically, were more of a left back part of the country. Always have been, always will be.
Aye, embarrassment of riches