• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

Watching Noel Blakes Exeter City’s was horrendous we genuinely was an awful football team……

This current one isn’t terrible its just not an enjoyable watch.
I also grew up watching Noel Blake/Peter Fox teams. But stop comparing it we’ve moved one hell of a lot forward since then.
The trust always tell us how successful we are, so let’s not compare it to how it was 30 years ago to now.

Papa John

You discuss him a lot. 28 posts all on the same subject.
I only discuss Luke Harris because I am following all the Welsh youth players. I am Welsh through and through and am also on the forums of Liverpool, Cardiff and Leeds purely discussing the youth players Lewis Koumas, Rubin Collwill and Charlie Crew and of course on here Luke Harris. I just found it odd that even though Luke plays 90 minutes week after week he barely discussed apart from a small comment here and there. Is it because he making little impact he does like to put his foot in four yellow cards to date from 11 matches

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harris is facing the backlash because some believed that missing out on him in August was the reason we where rubbish. It was always unfair to lump that much expectation on a lad so young.

It is also unfair as the issues we face lay squarely with our managers refusal to accept our approach and tactics are the biggest issue our side face

tonykellowfan

I would say in relation to Harris that Trevitt from Brentford was a far better player for us and I suspect that Harris may well turn out to be another over hyped youngster who may struggle to make the grade in the mens game.

Papa John

Harris is facing the backlash because some believed that missing out on him in August was the reason we where rubbish. It was always unfair to lump that much expectation on a lad so young.

It is also unfair as the issues we face lay squarely with our managers refusal to accept our approach and tactics are the biggest issue our side face
I get what you are saying. On the Exeter forum Luke Harris heavily discussed as GC was so excited believing his signing would aid your season greatly with his goals and assists that sadly Luke also promised he would bring to the team on his arrival. He was clearly young and naive when he said that but Luke probably no doubt did believe he would score lots of goals by calling himself a goal scorer even though he is a midfielder. Being guaranteed starts for Exeter does not help him or the team as basically GC is picking his weekly line up around Luke. Totally different standard kids U21 football to men’s professional football. On the Fulham website since late 2022 Luke has been heavily discussed ever since the media wrote the 30 million pound Wonderkid stories about him. Looking at the Fulham message board this morning the first team were brilliant won 3-0 and most of the stories are about Luke Harris and Jay Stansfield the regular Fulham followers are baffled by the constant discussions about Luke Harris. Luke is 19 years old tomorrow maybe a goal will come next week to celebrate his birthday

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

Papa John

I would say in relation to Harris that Trevitt from Brentford was a far better player for us and I suspect that Harris may well turn out to be another over hyped youngster who may struggle to make the grade in the mens game.
Trevitt appears a very good prospect shame what happened to him with respect to his injury.
On 14 July 2023, Trevitt joined League One club Exeter City on a season-long loan. A starter during the first half of the season when fit, Trevitt's performances and three goals in October 2023 won him the club's Player of the Month award. His brace in a 3–2 EFL Cup fourth round defeat to Middlesbrough on 31 October was recognised with a nomination for the competition's Player of the Round award. On 3 January 2024, Trevitt underwent surgery on an ankle injury suffered during a 2–0 defeat to Cambridge United on 22 December 2023. He was recalled by Brentford five days later and finished the loan with 23 appearances five goals and three assists.

Papa John

What is brilliant about Ryan Trevitts journey he came straight from non league to Brentford’s U21s no hype, no professional academy training. His first professional loan with Exeter sounds successful. Terrible bad luck with his injury setback. Similar to Harris he also scored bags of goals at U21 level but sounds like he coped with the transition to men’s professional football very well and did make an impact scoring 5 goals with 3 assists in 19 games.

After playing for Leatherhead Youth between U6 and U18 level and trialling with Fulham and Queens Park Rangers, Trevitt joined the B team at Brentford on trial in late 2020. On 11 January 2021, he signed an 18-month contract, with a one-year option, as a free agent. During the 2021–22 season, Trevitt trained with the first team, appeared in first team friendlies and was a part of the B team's London Senior Cup-winning squad. The option on his contract was exercised in May 2022. In July 2022, he signed a new two-year contract, with a one-year option. Trevitt was called into the first team's 2022–23 pre-season and mid-season training camps. He made two cup appearances as a substitute during the regular season and was an unused substitute during seven other matches. Trevitt scored five goals in 9 appearances during the B team's 2022–23 Premier League Cup-winning campaign, which included the opener in the 2–0 Final victory over Blackburn Rovers. He finished the B team season with 21 appearances and 16 goals. During the 2023 off-season, Trevitt was promoted into the first team squad and signed a new three-year contract, with a one-year option.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
With debts of anywhere between 7 and 12 million, it might not be the pennies they worry about..
Whatever the purported debts, they were still able to spend the best part of a million pounds last summer on one of the best young midfielders in the division. And there is a very good chance that those debts will be wiped out in the summer when Ivan Toney is sold by Brentford.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have had 6 shots on target in our last 4 matches at an average of 1.5 per match.

Over around 380 minutes of football six on target.

Derby 2
Lincoln 1
Fleetwood 2
Peterborough 1.

In 36 matches we have scored 27 goals at an average of 0.75 per match. If we stay at that rough average we will score 7-8 goals across our last 10 matches giving us 34-35 goals in 46 matches.

Only Shrewsbury are below us on goals scored by 1

Last edited: