• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United Vs Exeter City. Prediction and discussion thread

Just checked and we’ve not won at Peterborough since 1988! Can see us shipping a few, especially if they play like they did in the 1st half at our place a few weeks ago.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
2-0 defeat incoming. GC sent to the stands and Sweenz given his marching orders in the second half

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Preview, including interviews

Steve Moran3

If Caldwell continues with the same boring slow predicable tactics I fear we will see another loss. 3 - 0 and continuation of latest poor run. When is this man going to learn these tactics neither entertain or more importantly win games.
We beat them 3 weeks ago playing Caldwell’s “boring slow predictable tactics”. Maybe it will work again?!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We beat them 3 weeks ago playing Caldwell’s “boring slow predictable tactics”. Maybe it will work again?!
...but we got battered until they pressed the self destruct button.

You never know, they might get another red card and score 2 own goals again.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Do keep up, it was only ONE own goal ! :)

Boyo

I'm quite fearful about this one. I thought Peterborough were superb, up until the sending off, in the recent game at SJP.

3-0.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

We were only one down and that was to an absurd penalty... we'd also missed an absolutely gilt-edged chance. We were also playing into a howling gale. Not sure why people are so reluctant to give credit for the rare positive moments. The red card was also not a slice of luck dropping down from heaven... they couldn't contain Harper (and later Rankine). If the red was a stroke of luck for us, their penalty was too.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were only one down and that was to an absurd penalty... we'd also missed an absolutely gilt-edged chance. We were also playing into a howling gale. Not sure why people are so reluctant to give credit for the rare positive moments. The red card was also not a slice of luck dropping down from heaven... they couldn't contain Harper (and later Rankine). If the red was a stroke of luck for us, their penalty was too.
Fair enough, will have to agree to disagree. I think we got a massive slice of luck that night, which in all honesty was probably well overdue - that's football.

I'm convinced we wouldn't have got anything out of that game had they kept 10 players on the field, but at the end of the day, who cares anyway?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair enough, will have to agree to disagree. I think we got a massive slice of luck that night, which in all honesty was probably well overdue - that's football.

I'm convinced we wouldn't have got anything out of that game had they kept 10 players on the field, but at the end of the day, who cares anyway?
Well right, who cares about any of it, but its the kind of pointless gibbering this website is for, isn't it... stop us looking into the abyss. We would've lost if it remained 11 vs 11.. we can agree on that. But there are lucky moments... their penalty they were lucky Aimson lost his marbles... Aitcheson's miss, they were lucky, etc. The red was firmly on the cards, even if we were lucky with the specific incident. They were lucky to finish with 10 men.