• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

PFA Loans etc

Bittners a Legend

On the Trust Board Minutes thread Edward posted, and I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting it here, that "A number of people connected to the players are suggesting this is the case." in relation to the question of whether we did indeed seek PFA loans.

If this is true then it is hugely alarming. What was the size of the loan? Is the Trust out of cash reserves? Where on earth has the Season Ticket money gone? If there is none left how on earth do the Club propose to pay the wages of players still on the books in July?

What course of action should the Trust be taking? Should we be mass emailing current Trust Board members asking for some communication and clarification on this matter?

If this is true then we are alarmingly close to the brink. It just defies all logic that major cuts are not being made to the off-field staff. Even the very basic figures published on the Trust website give strong hint, in my opinion, that £295,000 worth of off-field staff does not bring value or added income. (figures here -> http://ecfcst.org.uk/yourclub/club-finances/ )

What, if anything, should we be doing as people who love the club IF the PFA loan thing is true?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not forgetting junes wages, Bitts.

Bittners a Legend

Not forgetting junes wages, Bitts.
Oh b0llocks I didn't think about the fact we have entire squad still to pay a months wages to.. Jeez. Scary.

Last edited:

Barum

So why aren't all you Trust members DEMANDING an answer from the Trust Board?

You guys who are still members have every right to know. And, of course 'You Own Your Football Club'.

gbjpc

Bittners a Legend

If this isn't the final straw for the Trust regarding those on the Club Board then it will be the final straw for my Trust membership and I shall be communicating that as I hope others do.

That the Club Board have mismanaged so badly that we are in this position says a lot about their attitude and lack of ability.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh phew, that's ok then because we don't have a sugar daddy. The club has only been bleeding the major shareholder dry for the last few years. They really don't get it, do they? How are we going to pay the PFA and Trust back these short-term, emergency loans? The ST money has gone. Brazil may not end up paying for itself. No money is coming in until August, and even then, less than before because people are so hacked off at the situation/dire football. But the top earners still remain in place, moaning, whilst running the club towards administration. :mad:

Edit: Already done, Bitts.

Last edited:

gbjpc

Should make us an attractive proposition to any potential new signings!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
How could they have approached the PFA for a loan and kept a straight face whilst planning a pre-season friendly on the other side of the world?

Bittners a Legend

Fever would you be kind enough to pass on the email address please?

I really don't think I'm exaggerating when I say the future of the Football Club (and certainly under Trust ownership) is in jeopardy given this news. The Club bangs on about not spending money it doesn't have, and continues destroying the on-field product in the process, and yet this season we have repeatedly required loans.

I doubt that any of those receiving salaries on the Club Board care the way those of us who post on here or buy season tickets do so I don't expect them to have the class and decency to resign but I DO expect the Trust Board, charged with protecting the Club we love, to take action. It is beyond any comprehension that incompetents like Tagg, Chorlton etc are allowed to continue playing with OUR club.