• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Tickets (H)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course the Club has moved on with the times, but you are banging on about a problem that if it exists probably affects just a very small minority. Exactly how many people do you actually know that have "fallen through the net", as opposed to you imagining this ? Are YOU a member of the Trust ? If not is this just your personal "sour grapes" ? :unsure:
If you don't know the answer to this by now, given that I've argued long and hard in similar vein when variants of this subject have come before, you never will. And why should it be sour grapes for standing up against something I feel is wrong ever since the Man Utd distribution debacle? As for how many, do you know? I know I don't. Or are you imagining it?

Colesman Ballz

Actually I didn't know, as you can see from the date I joined this forum it was almost ten years after the Man U game. Given that the ownership of ECFC is a matter of fact, you are hardly then in a strong position to mouth off. If I was to moralise it could be said that for the last twenty years you have been happy to accept the benefits that ownership has brought the Club, without wanting to be part of it. Perhaps the ownership at the "Barcodes" by an iniquitous "sportwashing" foreign power is more your "cup of tea" if you going to get ethical !

grecIAN Harris

Actually I didn't know, as you can see from the date I joined this forum it was almost ten years after the Man U game. Given that the ownership of ECFC is a matter of fact, you are hardly then in a strong position to mouth off. If I was to moralise it could be said that for the last twenty years you have been happy to accept the benefits that ownership has brought the Club, without wanting to be part of it. Perhaps the ownership at the "Barcodes" by an iniquitous "sportwashing" foreign power is more your "cup of tea" if you going to get ethical !
Now you're wandering off into the realms of another debate.

Colesman Ballz

Now you're wandering off into the realms of another debate.
Well this one is now "done and dusted" with the "sour grapes" revelation ! Would you be happy delivering parcels into a Saudi embassy by the way ? :p

Spoonz Red E

A bit like customers expecting their parcels to turn up on time at Christmas, they don't do practicalities either but they still expect it to happen regardless and we're expected to get it done. Unfortunately it comes with being a customer service business. More to what Mike said about the Liverpool game, time and technology has moved on somewhat since then. Are you going to tell me the club, especially with all that has been going on around City, that the club haven't moved with it? :unsure:
We had a computer based ticketing system then.
We had to process new qualifiers for the priority status as well as payments for and delivery of tickets.

Admittedly, now we have online purchase and e-ticketing which would cut down the workload. Then, each purchase was either in person, by post or on the phone and involved physical tickets.

With a new priority system there would still be human intervention needed and properly resourced and, if we're talking about cup games, very little turnaround time.

I'm not saying it can't be done just that from experience what usually breaks down or bottlenecks is the bit that needs to be processed by staff.

That's why any system has to be robust, simply explained and easily accessible, maintained properly and manned adequately.

grecIAN Harris

We had a computer based ticketing system then.
We had to process new qualifiers for the priority status as well as payments for and delivery of tickets.

Admittedly, now we have online purchase and e-ticketing which would cut down the workload. Then, each purchase was either in person, by post or on the phone and involved physical tickets.

With a new priority system there would still be human intervention needed and properly resourced and, if we're talking about cup games, very little turnaround time.

I'm not saying it can't be done just that from experience what usually breaks down or bottlenecks is the bit that needs to be processed by staff.

That's why any system has to be robust, simply explained and easily accessible, maintained properly and manned adequately.
Let's be honest Mike, big cup games are few and far between but if this seasons league trend is to continue (and despite the claims of some manic depressives on other threads, we're going to be here, League 1, next season) the priority ticketing needs to be addressed and balanced out. I was asked by Coleman Ballz earlier if I knew how many people were like me, regular non Trust members, or was I 'imagining' that there were many of us. He might be right but I think it would be a worthwhile to cross reference the club ticketing database with the Trust membership one to see the balance because it would be a shame to find out he is very wrong and that the club are alienating a decent section of it's core support.

fred binneys head

Any fans who aren’t members of the trust are alienating themselves from a fan-owned club who have made it clear for years that being a member of the trust is the only way to guarantee tickets.

iscalad

....oops

iscalad

Any fans who aren’t members of the trust are alienating themselves from a fan-owned club who have made it clear for years that being a member of the trust is the only way to guarantee tickets.
ST holders as well.

Fareham Grecian

Let's be honest Mike, big cup games are few and far between but if this seasons league trend is to continue (and despite the claims of some manic depressives on other threads, we're going to be here, League 1, next season) the priority ticketing needs to be addressed and balanced out. I was asked by Coleman Ballz earlier if I knew how many people were like me, regular non Trust members, or was I 'imagining' that there were many of us. He might be right but I think it would be a worthwhile to cross reference the club ticketing database with the Trust membership one to see the balance because it would be a shame to find out he is very wrong and that the club are alienating a decent section of it's core support.
If the club was ‘alienating a decent section of its core support’, how do you explain our huge jump in attendances this season?

Being Trust owned is a core part of the club’s identity. Fans who for whatever weird reason don’t want to be part of that do not deserve priority access to tickets.

*sits back and waits…*