• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lol!😁
Fill your boots G2K, I can defend this shower no longer. 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps Sunak was the better choice out of the two candidates?

Mr Jinx

That's how "your" party got so effectively hijacked.
I don't think it was so much of a hijacking, as Farage resigned didn't he? ;)

Mr Jinx

Perhaps Sunak was the better choice out of the two candidates?
So you don't think they wouldn't be fighting like rats in a sack if he did become PM?

He was never the answer. I do ponder on the question of Penny...she may have been a better bridge. Good presentation too.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you don't think they wouldn't be fighting like rats in a sack if he did become PM?

He was never the answer. I do ponder on the question of Penny...she may have been a better bridge. Good presentation too.
From an electoral perspective, Mordaunt was the clearly superior choice. You'd have hated her.

DB9

Didn't say that, I said "Perhaps" Sunak was the better choice, What he said during the hustings has turned out to be 100% true. Ms Mourdant was the memberships favourite but the MP's thought otherwise, This whole leadership contest and their mechinisims on how to run it surely must be looked at by the 1922 Commitee?

tavyred

Badenoch (and Gove pulling the strings) remains my dream team. The country wouldn’t wear another leadership election so it would have to be a parliamentary party stitch-up were it to happen. What a mess.

angelic upstart

Badenoch (and Gove pulling the strings) remains my dream team. The country wouldn’t wear another leadership election so it would have to be a parliamentary party stitch-up were it to happen. What a mess.
A big mess indeed. Sadly, we all suffer from the egos on show.

Grecian2K

I don't think it was so much of a hijacking, as Farage resigned didn't he? ;)
Eh? Where does old Fartage come into it? As far as I know he FLOUNCED from the party as far back as 1993.

I'm referring to those "brave" guys and (a few gals) of the ERG - the ones who were always quick to talk the talk but never to actually put up. Plus those shady stink-tanks in Tufton (or is it Bufton) Street who slink Inthe shadows, pulling the strings.

Mr Jinx

Eh? Where does old Fartage come into it?.
You were talking about my party.

Grecian2K

You were talking about my party.
Which party is that then?
The moribund Brexit Party or the erstwhile UKIP?

Personally I'd welcome either or both back again to split the right wing vote!