• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The liberal left’s ‘long march through the institutions’, namely the C of E church has this time thrown up the idea of a gender neutral God.
Bleddy God fathers!! 😎

DB9

The liberal left’s ‘long march through the institutions’, namely the C of E church has this time thrown up the idea of a gender neutral God.
Bleddy God fathers!! 😎
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, Going all gender neutral but won't bless same sex marriages. 🤷‍♂️

Mr Jinx

I wonder if Corbyn regrets his adoption of the Starmer 2019 Brexit plan now.
Undoubtedly. If he hadn't had his ear bent by Starmer et al and played subsequent games with Brexit votes, he could well still be leader of the opposition. Perhaps that was Starmer's plan all along?

Mr Jinx

Brexit.

I thought Remain would win. :)
You mean you didn't think Hilary had it in the bag later that year? I didn't even bother to stay up and watch it. Thankfully my son puked up at 3am that morning and so I caught the tail end. Joyous.

arthur

Undoubtedly. If he hadn't had his ear bent by Starmer et al and played subsequent games with Brexit votes, he could well still be leader of the opposition. Perhaps that was Starmer's plan all along?
If he could have taken the slightest interest in the EU and the UKs relationship with it, then he might have been more effective as Labour Party leader. As it was he had to ask "what's our policy on Europe, Seumas?" at a filmed shadow cabinet meeting. And when Alan Johnson, appointed Chair of "Labour In", went to see Corbyn to discuss how the party was going to campaign in the referendum all Corbyn wanted to talk about was how to get a book published. (Cf Truss to Sturgeon - "how do I get into Vogue?").

To suggest that Corbyn ever had a coherent position with regard to the EU flies in the face of reality. I refer you to the final paragraph of post 47810

Grecian2K

Thankfully my son puked up at 3am that morning and so I caught the tail end. Joyous.
Funny that. At 3am that same morning I felt the same gastric reaction as your MiniJigz.

Is he a closet "democrat remoaner"?

tavyred

Looks like the recommendations emanating from the Shawcross Review on the prevent anti terrorism strategy are going to be adopted in full. Including a new preeminent focus on Islamist terrorism rather than largely wasting time and resources by disappearing up the extreme right wing rabbit hole of the recent past. 👍

Grecian2K

Who says "Crime Doesn't Pay"?

DB9

Nadine Dorries to stand down as an MP at the next GE.

Oldsmobile-88

Nadine Dorries to stand down as an MP at the next GE.
House of Lords the next stop ?