• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anecdotal I know, but I’m seeing encouraging signs that the political ‘sacred cow’ that’s is the NHS is slowly getting more negatively judged by public. Loads of people I know don’t have a good word to say about it now.
Not sure Jeremy Hunt agrees with that.

tavyred

No idea because the Tories (With the Lib Dems in 2010) won and put their ideas
into practice. As for mentioning blame, All we had from 2010 and in elections up and until 2019 was "It was Labours fault that we are where we are" without acknowledging it was a world wide thing.
That’s a political tactic that works of course, especially as we see with people like yourself. You’ve swallowed the Labour “14 years of Tory rule” narrative hook, line and sinker.
As posters on here are trying to tell you, its never as simple as that.
You don’t feel like conceding i suppose that dealing with a massive and inherited fiscal deficit, a once in a century global pandemic and a European war that kicked off a cost of living crisis, made the job of government extremely problematic these last 14 years?

tavyred

Not sure Jeremy Hunt agrees with that.
Young Wes might though.
Will he be allowed to take on the ‘blob’? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

DB9

That’s a political tactic that works of course, especially as we see with people like yourself. You’ve swallowed the Labour “14 years of Tory rule” narrative hook, line and sinker.
You don’t feel like conceding i suppose that dealing with a massive and inherited fiscal deficit, a once in a century global pandemic and a European war that kicked off a cost of living crisis, made the job government extremely problematic these last 14 years?
So blaming Labour was a political tactic but blaming the Tories is " You’ve swallowed the Labour “14 years of Tory rule” narrative hook, line and sinker." :unsure: The pandemic has had an awful effect on the country, I've never said any different but some of our political decision have made us try to recover from lower places than other countries, The War in Ukraine is not to blame that our public services are crap, Its been like that years before 2022. Our fiscal deficit has grown and grown even before the pandemic hit.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it you think there was a better non-Tory/coalition way that would’ve seen the country in a much better state than it is now?
Yes, I do.

tavyred

Yes, I do.
I’m pleased for you.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m pleased for you.
Glad to hear it.

elginCity

You don’t feel like conceding i suppose that dealing with a massive and inherited fiscal deficit, a once in a century global pandemic and a European war that kicked off a cost of living crisis, made the job of government extremely problematic these last 14 years?
You don't feel like conceding I suppose that Brexit should be added to your government's list of woes, in the self-inflicted section ?

Thought not. :D

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Young Wes might though.
Will he be allowed to take on the ‘blob’? 🤷‍♂️
No.

tavyred

You don't feel like conceding I suppose that Brexit should be added to your government's list of woes, in the self-inflicted section ?

Thought not. :D
When was it ever a Government’s policy to take us out of the EU? 🤷‍♂️