• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
What nonsense, literally every football fan in the land that's been to more than 20 games will have encountered police doing exactly what happened to that Gideon fella. He'll be out this weekend walking in exactly the right place, and recording as he goes and then claiming anti semitism the minute something doesn't go his way.

Course, the govt will want him to stir up trouble as it will help them stop the large scale protests that are going on weekly.
You want the police to ban or restrict counter-protests?

tavyred

When (If) the planes actually take off we'll see if its the deterrent everyone (Who agrees with it) thinks it will be.
It’ll certainly put the cat among the electoral pigeons if there’s a marked reduction in crossings.
But as you quite rightly say it’s a big ‘if’.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Good to see our government giving away another £500 million and god knows how much in equipment.

tavyred

The coalition in government at Holyrood is doing wonders for keeping the Union.
No, that’ll be the ‘Barnett formula’ doing its job. To Englands detriment of course.

angelic upstart

You want the police to ban or restrict counter-protests?
No, definitely not!

Gideon isn't protesting, he's simply going out for a walk (his words not mine) as a free citizen. I'm merely suggesting that when there's a protest, counter - protest, football match going on, the police will potentially stop you from doing exactly what you want. It's very normal and you get nicked if you don't listen to them as it's a breach of the peace.

The same will happen on Saturday.

Mr Jinx

It’ll certainly put the cat among the electoral pigeons if there’s a marked reduction in crossings.
But as you quite rightly say it’s a big ‘if’.
Yvette Cooper spitting fury today (now it's passed). Which is somewhat ironic seeing as the DT posted an article from her saying she would stop the boats. So no doubt she and her lefty lawyer buddies and chums in the Blob will still do whatever it takes to kibosh Rwanda. It's become little more than a political football.

All that aside, say if all the boats stop overnight. Great. What about the other 800k+ pa that are walking through the front door?

tavyred

No, definitely not!

Gideon isn't protesting, he's simply going out for a walk (his words not mine) as a free citizen. I'm merely suggesting that when there's a protest, counter - protest, football match going on, the police will potentially stop you from doing exactly what you want. It's very normal and you get nicked if you don't listen to them as it's a breach of the peace.

The same will happen on Saturday.
What is he doing that’s problematic, other than being ‘Jewish in a built up area’?
The Met have already had to apologise once to him. If these are peaceful marches what possible danger could he be in and on what premise is there a danger of a breach of peace?

angelic upstart

What is he doing that’s problematic, other than being ‘Jewish in a built up area’?
The Met have already had to apologise once to him. If these are peaceful marches what possible danger could he be in and on what premise is there a danger of a breach of peace?
He was trying to cross the road, whilst the march was on. The police had stopped numerous people from doing so.

Fairly standard stuff. The language used was daft, mind you.

As I say, the same will happen on Saturday.

tavyred

Yvette Cooper spitting fury today (now it's passed). Which is somewhat ironic seeing as the DT posted an article from her saying she would stop the boats. So no doubt she and her lefty lawyer buddies and chums in the Blob will still do whatever it takes to kibosh Rwanda. It's become little more than a political football.

All that aside, say if all the boats stop overnight. Great. What about the other 800k+ pa that are walking through the front door?
Labour is nowhere on illegal immigration and they know it. Speeding up processing and being slightly nicer to the French is only a holding position whilst you're in opposition and you can legitimately criticise the current Government who are making a right ar$e of it.
Surprised at Cooper TBH, always thought she was good operator and she wouldn’t leave Labour exposed to a Rwanda policy that just might work.

tavyred

He was trying to cross the road, whilst the march was on. The police had stopped numerous people from doing so.

Fairly standard stuff. The language used was daft, mind you.

As I say, the same will happen on Saturday.
Why was his Jewishness referenced by the Police when he got stopped from crossing the road?
So no one could join the protest by crossing the road?