• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale away - Discussion & Prediction Thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
We seem best playing 3-5-2. So:

Sweeney-Aimson-Hartridge
Key-Collins-Kite-McDonald-Mitchell
Nombe-Stansfield
Looks decent, I’m personally a fan of Sparkes so I’d possibly swap him in but agree on the rest

manc grecian

I think the Sparkes ship has sailed for the time being

denzel

Ironic, seeing as the club was tweeting about that goal against Harrogate one year ago yesterday

arthur

I can't see what Stansfield brings to the team. Bring him on as a finisher - if he scored a goal or two from the bench that would do him the world of good. At the moment he looks like nothing more than a poor imitation of his dad who, lest we forget, was a Conference/League 2 player

arthur

As above, re Stanno. If he was brought on for a tiring Mitchell on 65/70 minutes and changed the course of the game, his career could start to get back on track. He was a sub on Tuesday so has clearly not been banished to the outer darkness

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see what Stansfield brings to the team. Bring him on as a finisher - if he scored a goal or two from the bench that would do him the world of good. At the moment he looks like nothing more than a poor imitation of his dad who, lest we forget, was a Conference/League 2 player
Think that's extremely harsh.

tonykellowfan

Stansfield work rate on the pitch is exceptional and plays a big role in creating space and opportunities for others.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Stansfield is a really good player who is just desperately short of confidence, perhaps he is feeling the weight of the shirt and the emotion behind it all?

To say he is a poor imitation of his Dad is extremely harsh and incorrect.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't see the Shrewsbury game but I thought he was our best attacking player in the previous 2 games. If Nombe had scored the one-on-one against Burton we'd all be talking about Stanno's brilliant assist.

Avening Posse

Gets decent crosses in, more so than anybody else, if we continue with playing wide going forward he gets my vote. Agree the manager may be of a different view though