• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City match day thread

JGrecian23

Loving that. Was out with kids and 2-0 down so didn't check for a while and wow what a shock that was.

Gimme 4-2 wins and 4-2 defeats over 1-0s and 0-0s. More of that please Gary!!

red1

Gotta give it to GC, made most of us eat our words since xmas. If only we didn't have our mid season blip, who know what we could've done? Key now is to tie down Chieck, Jules and Carroll and really push to get in Woods and Harris in again - Wood been key to our upturn and easily our best CM at the moment.

A new striker in Alli too? Was only last week people were saying he couldn't play football :ROFLMAO: Reminds me of having Nombe again watching him today, didn't give their CB's a moments rest and well deserved 2 goals
Alli got more pace than Nombe !!!!

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Someone called Houston Valliant on their forum has said "get Caldwell in"!
Just read that Vale gave Darren Moore a 5 year contract. Surely not?!🤷‍♂️

thermopylai

Richards was also excellent today. His pass for the first goal was crucial - a lovely curving ball: vision and precision.

Really looks a very promising player.

geoffwp

Of our last 10 games that’s 5 wins , 4 draws and just 1 defeat.
Puts us 5th in form table for last 10 games

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Richards was also excellent today. His pass for the first goal was crucial - a lovely curving ball: vision and precision.

Really looks a very promising player.
Quiet ! :)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fantastic performance 2nd half and an epic turnaround.

Grecian Max

What an exceptional second half

Logically, it’s been a fair weeks where I’ve accepted I was wrong in my assessment at the end of 2023

Today, though, was the first time I’ve felt truly foolish

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pedro Borges with a ridiculous flick for the assist and the finish whacked in on the volley. Worthy of the Champions League that goal.
And all the PV commentary team could say was you can't give away a goal like that and Exeter are only a mid table team.
Take that suckers !

Antony Moxey

I had Alli down for a double on the prediction thread but overall a 2-1 win for us. Coming from 2 down in consecutive games bodes very well for next year. Suddenly there’s a resilience to this team….they've started believing in themselves. Great to see.
It’d bode a bit better if we DIDN’T go two down in the first place. Resilience or not we can’t keep doing it.