• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City match day thread

MerleyRed

And today Spotlight are reporting that we won 2-1 !

Spotlight got the result wrong again 2-1 to Exeter !

budegrecian

It’s less than one half, so I don’t want to make too much of it, but how in the hell was Pedro struggling to get game time at Gloucester City, or wherever he was on loan? Looks a real player.

budegrecian

And today Spotlight are reporting that we won 2-1 !
When I saw this, I thought you were joking 🙃

thermopylai

Rewatching the goals (I love how you can rewind iFollow!) the assists for all our goals were also excellent.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s good to see a manager performing and repaying the club back after they should have been sacked.
It works both ways he’s lucky to still be here, and now it’s starting to look like we are lucky to have him.
Football is a humbler, let’s hope he doesn’t suddenly take that vacant Argyle job if they come calling.
Thoughts and prayers for you and Chesterfield

Grecian Max

Why? Your assessment was probably correct at the time - even the clappers didn’t see this turnaround coming. If you’d continued to back that assessment in recent weeks then you’d be foolish. Anyhoo, regardless of what happened then this is now so let’s all celebrate what an unbelievable run we’ve been on of late. Let the finger pointers enjoy their moment of smugness, personally I couldn’t care less about what I thought of the team at Christmas, or what they thought of me for saying it, right now I’m loving every second of being a City fan.
Probably because one of my main issues was persisting with a style that appears to now coming together - I’m not sure if he’d changed things for the sake of point grinding during that period would have ultimately ended up with us playing as we are right now

Spoonz Red E

It’s good to see a manager performing and repaying the club back after they should have been sacked.
It works both ways he’s lucky to still be here, and now it’s starting to look like we are lucky to have him.
Football is a humbler, let’s hope he doesn’t suddenly take that vacant Argyle job if they come calling.
The way we are finishing the season and setting up for the summer makes the Club standing by GC seem like it could have been a masterstroke.

If you don't want to go that far ...
... at least, four-two-it-is.

Rosencrantz

2-0 down at half time in an end of season game, with a bit of a makeshift lineup, against a team with it all to play for and we come back and win 4-2. That deserves great credit to the players and staff for their desire and professionalism. It certainly shows a togetherness between the players and staff and a will to play for each other.

Great to see the youngsters also having a good impact. JR is the exception, but I will always say the rule is patience with the younger players. There is talent there, not all will make it, but those that do will come through when they are ready. The club haven't forgotten what they are all about.

I don't think it's a case of being right or wrong in Nov/Dec. Anyone saying GC will be a definite success was in the minority and it would have been a punt. For me it was "I want to wait and see". Wait for some players to come back from injury and get going again to give us better balance, and wait for January to strengthen. Then we can judge again. That doesn't mean I knew I was right or have been proved so. Anyone can make a judgement that could go either way. I don't think we got that all 100% correct (strikers, although good to see Milli settling in and Sonny starting to show potential) but it has been enough for GC to turn the form around (and how recently!). We can now look to end the season on a positive stance and go into the next transfer window with something of substance behind us.

Then we all start judging again next season, but maybe without the certainty of opinions 😉.

geoffwp

Probably because one of my main issues was persisting with a style that appears to now coming together - I’m not sure if he’d changed things for the sake of point grinding during that period would have ultimately ended up with us playing as we are right now
Max, we aren't soothsayers, we don't foretell the future. We live in the moment and how we feel, what happens and how we see things IN THAT MOMENT is no less logical than those who see it differently. In the end we all want success for our club.