• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth F.C. V Exeter City Matchday Thread

suffolklad

Sweens telling Scott he's got to do better

Steve Moran3

Oh my good that was terrible. Why are we just hoofing it to Scott who to be fair is telling them not to? Have we strung 3 passes together? Got away with that we need to change it.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
this has been a good example of how teams in this division are very good at closing down and breaking uo play of their opponents but both teams will be disapooointed with what they do with the ball, especially us, as we have been woeful at times with either dallying on the ball or playing hurried passes to nobody.

JayPob94

We are doing remarkably well I think. 0-0 at Fratton park at HT is a good result. But there has to be changes. Noticed GC changed to 4-3-3 just before half time.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very fortunate to be still all square at HT. Need a rethink 2nd half.
Really? They've had a lot of territory but Vils has only had one decent save to make. We have defended stoutly but just don't seem to be able to do much with the ball when we get it.

Grecianpasty

Our defense has been excellent. Trevitt and Carroll have barely seen the ball in the middle of the pitch. That needs to change, as Robertsons growing into the game.

Doug P

It's a good job we are a second half Team ;).

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scott isn't a target man, hold up play isn't a strong point for him - stop hoofing it up to him.

Too many poor decisions in possession, going long when we should go short and visa versa.

Pompey have looked vulnerable on the few occasions we're run at them, hopefully we'll do it more second half.

COYR

Steve Moran3

Sweens telling Scott he's got to do better
Sweens has been absolutely dreadful. Legend and all that but he needs to come off. Worst player on the pitch by a mile he can’t be giving others grief. Ge Sweens off go to 3 at the back.

exespur

I wonder whether we're trying get to the hour mark to bring Nombe snd Cole on to try win set pieces to nick a goal that way. My fear was our midfield is to lightweight and appears they're being bullied a bit that first half