• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Positions that must be filled next season?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aging centreback, aging midfielder, aging striker
Your prediction of what will happen rather than a wish list of you and yer mate ******** ?

Grecian2K

The big gap left where the Old Grandstand used to be????

Last edited:

IndoMike

I honestly don't believe in Tizzy enough to think that he can sign up players who are good enough for a promotion push. We don't need a whole load of mediocre players brought in : we need two or three class players who can raise up the standard of the others. We need a strong manager who does not accept dross and who the players will look up to. We need a manager who doesn't make excuses. If the manager doesn't have high enough standards and aims the players will not make the extra effort required for success. This was supposed to be the "exciting" year and the promotion push, but it was all pie in the sky and empty words. Tisdale has had 4 years to build a team, but the team he has built has been a big disappointment.

Last edited:

iscalad

A couple of posters assuming that Ribs will be here next season. Maybe he won't. When he re-signed last summer he said that a major factor behind his decision to stay was that he thought we could be promoted.
Maybe he will!

Red Bill

Left back, brick ****house CB, and a midfield destroyer. I've got a worrying feeling we could be also looking for a right back as well though. I think Stockley will stay with us, so don't think we need another striker.

Not sure we will need a left back. Riley-Lowe looked good but naïve when playing early season. He's spent most of the season out on loan getting game time.
Maybe he will be the answer, with JMT providing cover.

Still need a big stopper in the middle of the defence.
Need a 'dirty b+sta%d' holding midfielder.
Need a striker, Jayden or A.N Other.

Saint James

Not sure we will need a left back. Riley-Lowe looked good but naïve when playing early season. He's spent most of the season out on loan getting game time.
Maybe he will be the answer, with JMT providing cover.

Still need a big stopper in the middle of the defence.
Need a 'dirty b+sta%d' holding midfielder.
Need a striker, Jayden or A.N Other.
WG, I don't see any of the current top 7 relying on a 19 yr old with no league experience and I can't see Tiz doing so either. CRL for me will be a back up as he needs to feel his way into league football one step at a time I think rather than having the weight of expectation on his shoulders purely because he is 'home grown'. I feel we need an experienced LB who is agile enough to get up and down the pitch in a similar vein to Ribs.

Last edited:

milts

Left back, brick ****house CB, and a midfield destroyer. I've got a worrying feeling we could be also looking for a right back as well though. I think Stockley will stay with us, so don't think we need another striker.
So you think we should go into the season with one striker?

(assuming CM, JR and WH are rightfully released)

Red Bill

So you think we should go into the season with one striker?

(assuming CM, JR and WH are rightfully released)
Alex Nichols is a striker, and Watkins can play as a striker. So we don't only have one at present, plus looks like Taylor could also fill that role on evidence so far.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I work on the assumption that you should if possible have two players of first team quality in every position. Only pick players out of position when there is a significant injury list.

On that basis we ideally want another RB, a brick sh*thouse CH, a DM and another Stockley-type striker, plus replacements for whichever of the older players depart at the end of the season.