• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season friendlies 2023

DawlishBouy

I see that Bristol City are also playing two matches tomorrow, our match followed by a "publlc" evening match at Cheltenham. Will they be fielding a youthful team against us (hence no live stream) ? The game will I gather count as Sweenz match ban, leaving him free to play at W-S-Mare in the evening.
Straight red equals 3 match ban and it will start with the first League match.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Straight red equals 3 match ban and it will start with the first League match.
Not sure thats correct

Red red

Normally a red card in a friendly doesn’t carry over to league / cup games.
Ordinarily the ref will not do a match report. So would be surprised if Sweeney
Gets a ban

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Normally a red card in a friendly doesn’t carry over to league / cup games.
Ordinarily the ref will not do a match report. So would be surprised if Sweeney
Gets a ban
There is nothing listed on the FA site. Though I noticed that Ed James and Harrison King are currently suspended.

tom_ecfc

There is nothing listed on the FA site. Though I noticed that Ed James and Harrison King are currently suspended.
Do you have a link to this website please?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Do you have a link to this website please?

This doesn't work in Chrome on my Chromebook, but does on my smartphone.

Gordon Dale

Ed James justifiably sent off ( I was there!)in final league encounter for Tiverton v Winchester. Returning to the Torquay PSF .. a quite reasonable gulls supporter I sat near to in Bristows Bench commiserated post match and expressed the view that the Grecians appeared to have more than their fair share of 'light weights and headless chickens' . Based on the performance I couldn't argue with him. I note a 4-nil defeat today against Bristol City . This Thursday's Trust Fans Forum which GC is to address could prove interesting .

Grecian Max

Ed James justifiably sent off ( I was there!)in final league encounter for Tiverton v Winchester. Returning to the Torquay PSF .. a quite reasonable gulls supporter I sat near to in Bristows Bench commiserated post match and expressed the view that the Grecians appeared to have more than their fair share of 'light weights and headless chickens' . Based on the performance I couldn't argue with him. I note a 4-nil defeat today against Bristol City . This Thursday's Trust Fans Forum which GC is to address could prove interesting .
I don’t think half a side losing to Bristol City who have had an extremely strong pre season has much bearing

Torquay on the other hand was concerning

denzel

Presume this is for the kids.

(For those not on Twitter, another friendly next Wednesday at Exmouth)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t think half a side losing to Bristol City who have had an extremely strong pre season has much bearing

Torquay on the other hand was concerning
My main concern is that we don’t really have a safe pair of hands behind our defense. One of the reasons I really enjoyed going to watch City play in our promotion season was knowing that I could feel confident with Cam in goal if we scored there was every liklhood we would not lose. The same applied although to a slightly lesser extent when Jamal was in goal.

As we have already seen a good and reliable keeper can make all the difference between a successful or unsuccessful campaign currently I am feeling far less relaxed, confident and comfortable that either keeper falls into the former category and that a weakness in this position could make for some very uncomfortable viewing of games.