• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season friendlies 2024

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Putting together what looks a stronger side this summer under Dave Pearse Exmouth, hopefully a good test for what imagine will be a younger city XI
Quite a few ex-City youngsters scattered through that Exmouth side. Quite a handful of signings from Bridgewater as well I see which might tempt @Bridgy 81 down 😉.

Spoonz Red E

Exmouth are managed by Kevin Hill, Dave is assistant manager. Well joint assistant.
Pass it down the left hand side.

andrew p long

I guess it will be a similar u19/20 side to last season although it is only a day before the Yeovil away game so possibly a bit younger. The price has gone up though, I think it was only a fiver last season.
We're going to need to sign quite a few players before playing these friendlies on consecutive days! Currently 20 to choose from (19 professionals plus scholar Jake Richards). So the likes of 17 year old Theo Cutler should be prepared to have to play some part...

denzel

We're going to need to sign quite a few players before playing these friendlies on consecutive days! Currently 20 to choose from (19 professionals plus scholar Jake Richards). So the likes of 17 year old Theo Cutler should be prepared to have to play some part...
The Exmouth friendly will have a lot of the under 16s I would imagine.
Probably more of an issue with Brentford B and Torquay being on the same day a bit later.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite a few ex-City youngsters scattered through that Exmouth side. Quite a handful of signings from Bridgewater as well I see which might tempt @Bridgy 81 down 😉.
not with that spelling me laddo - how very dare you diss Bridgwater in that way :ROFLMAO:

Bridgy 81

Exmouth’s Manager was sacked by the new-ish owner of Bridgwater United half way through last season because he didn’t think the team was doing well enough.
As most Managers do he presumably likes some of the players he already knows so has signed them up for his new team.
I won’t be down for this game but hopefully I will be at ours the following evening in Yeovil.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exmouth’s Manager was sacked by the new-ish owner of Bridgwater United half way through last season because he didn’t think the team was doing well enough.
As most Managers do he presumably likes some of the players he already knows so has signed them up for his new team.
I won’t be down for this game but hopefully I will be at ours the following evening in Yeovil.
I though Exmouth's manager was Kevin Hill who has been in post for around 4 seasons

Bridgy 81

I though Exmouth's manager was Kevin Hill who has been in post for around 4 seasons
I think Dave Pearse who joined Exmouth as a Coach when he was sacked from Bridgwater last season has now been appointed as joint Manager alongside Hill.
Hence the recent influx of new signings of ex-Bridgwater players presumably.

Antony Moxey

There's nothing that says 'tinpot' more loudly than "joint managers".

denzel

There's nothing that says 'tinpot' more loudly than "joint managers".
Apart from when Coventry won the FA Cup..