• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 22/23

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that was a good first half.;)

DB9

Well that was a good first half.;)
Perhaps Spurs should use the emergency test on the phones as an excuse to get the game abandoned! 🙂

Rosencrantz

Perhaps Spurs should use the emergency test on the phones as an excuse to get the game abandoned! 🙂
Hour too late for them to have an alarm.

Alistair20000

Spurs the worst team in the Premier League at present.

Absolute basket case.

Rosencrantz

It has been a poor PL this season. Only Man City and Arsenal of the top clubs can say they have had a good one. Spurs being in fifth after the season they have says it all. Newcastle, Brighton, Fulham and Brentford can all be happy and Villa's late run under Unai Emery has been impressive. That's probably about it.

grecIAN Harris

It has been a poor PL this season. Only Man City and Arsenal of the top clubs can say they have had a good one. Spurs being in fifth after the season they have says it all. Newcastle, Brighton, Fulham and Brentford can all be happy and Villa's late run under Unai Emery has been impressive. That's probably about it.
Now take your Blue Nose goggles off and have another look just because Everton are going down.

Rosencrantz

Now take your Blue Nose goggles off and have another look just because Everton are going down.
Apart from the clubs I mentioned above, who do you think will be happy with their seasons then? Spurs have been largely underwhelming, Liverpool and Chelsea have underperformed, woefully in Chelsea's case. The rest have all been looking over their shoulders at relegation or right in it. If you look at the European competitions, it has been a poor season for English clubs. Only two have reached the semi's and one of them is in the Conference League. I suppose Utd might see it as satisfactory as they look like being back in the CL in Ten Haag's first season. But they have a lot of work still to do to be where they really want to be.

I would think Newcastle will be delighted as they probably thought it would take a couple of seasons at least to in the CL shake up and they are in comfortably this season because they have had a very good season.

I don't see what following Everton has to do with that judgement apart from being incredibly poor in a league that hasn't been particularly strong in performance this season.

grecIAN Harris

Ever thought that maybe those that you have mentioned have found a way to close the gap between them and the established hierachy. I know you'll immediately point to the Saudi money as far as Newcastle are concerned because that's a standard response from you or anybody else but they haven't gone and spent it Bohley style at Chelsea, which have been the easy (and expected) thing to do. They've bought wisely and Eddie has coached players who had been average at best previously into looking like world beaters. If West Ham can win the Europa Conference they'll see that as a successful season as they are safe in the Premier League now. Brentford and Brighton, I suspect, have executed moneyball with great success. Fulham are seriously punching above their weight. At least one of Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth will see it as a successful season if they stay up. Personally I think it will be two of them as one of your lot or Leicester are going down with the knock out punch coming when you play each other in the coming games. Palace have matched expectations. If the season finished today with it's current positions there are five clubs who would be genuinely disappointed, not just hoping for a bit better, and they would be Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton and Southampton.

Rosencrantz

Ever thought that maybe those that you have mentioned have found a way to close the gap between them and the established hierachy. I know you'll immediately point to the Saudi money as far as Newcastle are concerned because that's a standard response from you or anybody else but they haven't gone and spent it Bohley style at Chelsea, which have been the easy (and expected) thing to do. They've bought wisely and Eddie has coached players who had been average at best previously into looking like world beaters. If West Ham can win the Europa Conference they'll see that as a successful season as they are safe in the Premier League now. Brentford and Brighton, I suspect, have executed moneyball with great success. Fulham are seriously punching above their weight. At least one of Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth will see it as a successful season if they stay up. Personally I think it will be two of them as one of your lot or Leicester are going down with the knock out punch coming when you play each other in the coming games. Palace have matched expectations. If the season finished today with it's current positions there are five clubs who would be genuinely disappointed, not just hoping for a bit better, and they would be Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton and Southampton.
Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth staying up doesn't mean they haven't been poor. Palace have been average. The West Ham fans I know will tell you that they will be happy to win the Conference League but are far from happy with their season. They have underperformed. The rest we seem to agree on.

grecIAN Harris

Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth staying up doesn't mean they haven't been poor. Palace have been average. The West Ham fans I know will tell you that they will be happy to win the Conference League but are far from happy with their season. They have underperformed. The rest we seem to agree on.
Did you genuinely expect the first for to be anything other than what they have been? Survival for Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth will always been seen as a successful season for them and Palace have been very Palace, nothing that's ever going to excite you unless they upset one of the big sides on their day.