• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Price of Football: Full results 2016

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Please forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere and I have missed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37953195

Some very interesting comparisons.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A quick scan suggests they may finally have overcome some of the methodology hurdles that rendered previous studies absolutely useless.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I take it that as Argyle in the past have struggled to answer the simple questions that it was easier not to participate!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I take it that as Argyle in the past have struggled to answer the simple questions that it was easier not to participate!
Calculations are a difficult challenge in Britain's Ocean City. (rofl)

Our lowest ticket price be are shown as £17 but I only paid £13 for a rare visit to the Big Bank on Saturday.

Maybe lowest price excludes discounts for youngsters, students and old farts.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Calculations are a difficult challenge in Britain's Ocean City. (rofl)

Our lowest ticket price be are shown as £17 but I only paid £13 for a rare visit to the Big Bank on Saturday.

Maybe lowest price excludes discounts for youngsters, students and old farts.
The variation in base pricing, senior / youth pricing, advance discounting policy, ground configuration etc. is bewildering even in L2 so BBC can only go for a few price points that most everyone has and compare those. Misleading as hell unless you are an adult and buy your season ticket at the last minute or always pay on the day.

I know, I tried to do a full comparison for the Club's gates committee and ended up with a piles of printouts over an inch thick.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The previous studies didn't seem to differentiate between what was a promotional price and what was the normal cheapest price - clubs are/were given leeway to drop their price for a set number of fixtures (I remember us doing a fiver entry for the last home match before Christmas at some point), some clubs advertised these on their site and the BBC published them as their lowest price.

With Kidderminster having dropped out of the Conference the BBC can no longer point to their pie price, horrified - with no explanation that their pies aren't your standard Pukka Pie stuff.

rp42

According to the results i must need my nuts felt as i spend nearly 2k to attend all the Home games for such GREAT entertainment(clap)

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would pay £100 for a pie at Kidderminster. Awesome.