• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pricing Overhaul - Before it's too late

Bittners a Legend

It's £2 more than last season MS and that was already too expensive. We could try reducing costs, or bringing more people into the ground, rather than increasing the price.

motorservices

It's £2 more than last season MS and that was already too expensive. We could try reducing costs, or bringing more people into the ground, rather than increasing the price.

haha, shows how much att i pay to the cost, end of the day 2 quid still isnt a massive amount, thats half a pint/half a pack of 10 fags or around 1.6 lts of unleaded

Glad you agree with the rest of my points :)

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Your favourite pint is still going to get you ****ed.

I can afford to go but I'm sick of my money being taken for granted whilst others stroll round taking no responsibility. My £19 isn't going towards the squad.

The fans had been incredibly patient for the last 3 years considering and they were thanked with putting the prices up to watch one of the worse squads in the league.

bsmaff

Ticket price for me has nothing to do with it..

The **** served up every week is the problem.. Until changes are made then I won't be back...

That is all...

Bittners a Legend

I empathise with your passion MS but the reality is that the club has tried and failed with emotional blackmail on the prices. I agree that staying away isn't going to help but the truth is the same that it has been for a long time - the product is terrible and the club's off-field costs. Those two factors are what is damaging this club so badly not fans refusing to pay prices that are a rip off. And anyway the point is that many people that go to games aren't City fans in the same way as you and I but customers that want to be entertained and who are willing to go elsewhere if unhappy.

As far as I'm concerned if the club can afford to change £16 in advance then it should be charging £16 pay on the day. £15-16 for an adult is reasonable in my opinion. As others have touched on - a cut in prices alone probably cannot undo the damage now done but mixed with a sensible publicity campaign which acknowledges the loyalty of supporters and the terrible performance of the club in recent years some of those who DO have City in their heart might be persuaded to come back. And a more attacking style of play would help too.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a lot of people forget is that during the good years ticker prices for held on a number of occasions...

Now for the new system. I personally like it for myself. Allows me to pay less than i did last season by being organised. I have stated that the overall POTG prices are too much and need amending but the principle of saving by buying in advance i like myself although personally i would like to see games moved into categories C £15 B £16 and A £18(Big bank Tickets). But thats me.

Last edited:

KentGrecian

How about some marketing at bus stops in the city centre, posters etc

Bittners a Legend

What a lot of people forget is that during the good years ticker prices for held on a number of occasions...
Sorry MJP you're talking rubbish. It was £12 to stand on the Big Bank 7 years ago and now it is £19. The prices were held once and then held again after we got relegated. We are the most expensive ground in the division.

£16 to stand is reasonable-ish in my opinion although at the high end. The POTG price is embarrassing.

As already discussed though the issue is not just the rip off price - which people would probably pay if we played exciting, attacking football - but the terrible standard of product and the feeling of having the p.i.s.s. taken by Tisdale, Perryman and the Board.

We have the most expensive tickets in the division and one of the lowest playing budgets despite £100k a year from the Trust. Go Figure.

How about some marketing at bus stops in the city centre, posters etc
Very sensible but the club cannot be bothered. Don't forget we had Wolfie's pal (Tree42?) on here telling us that the Club don't need to market 22 games a year but just make the effort for the one "big" one (which he seemed to think was Portsmouth not Argyle).

Last edited:

motorservices

I empathise with your passion MS but the reality is that the club has tried and failed with emotional blackmail on the prices. I agree that staying away isn't going to help but the truth is the same that it has been for a long time - the product is terrible and the club's off-field costs. Those two factors are what is damaging this club so badly not fans refusing to pay prices that are a rip off. And anyway the point is that many people that go to games aren't City fans in the same way as you and I but customers that want to be entertained and who are willing to go elsewhere if unhappy.

As far as I'm concerned if the club can afford to change £16 in advance then it should be charging £16 pay on the day. £15-16 for an adult is reasonable in my opinion. As others have touched on - a cut in prices alone probably cannot undo the damage now done but mixed with a sensible publicity campaign which acknowledges the loyalty of supporters and the terrible performance of the club in recent years some of those who DO have City in their heart might be persuaded to come back. And a more attacking style of play would help too.
:) im awful at times, id love it if we could charge £10 everywhere and have 6k in each week (would be the same income as now) but the atmos would/should be better, id love it if we could go back to being a good side like a few years ago

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not the price per se, it is the product. People have had enough but the faffing about having to pre-book and the feeling you are being ripped off if you don't / just rock up compounds the problem.