• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question for IT people

Southampton Gull

Dunno you wont get much for it second hand. if youre not gaming anything above a netbook is arguably overkill.

get a 16 quid pi when they come out in a few weeks!!! Job done!!!
It'll have recurring problems.................... :D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Should be okay with it. Might be a good idea to wipe the hard disk and reinstall the OS and all the software again.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Should be okay with it. Might be a good idea to wipe the hard disk and reinstall the OS and all the software again.
Thanks Paul, yeah the guy has a mate who is in IT who is wiping it, restoring it to it's full spec, and install the software again.

I'm gonna view it on Wednesday, try and find the CPU sticker on the laptop (unless you can find it in control panel or MSDOS or somewhere?) and do the ten minute heat test.

If its all good then I'm gonna take a punt on it, £100 for a refurb laptop is pretty good, and for a model that is as good as it is, it's a steal, but only if it checks out with the above.

Thanks for your help everyone

DJH2005

T
I'm gonna view it on Wednesday, try and find the CPU sticker on the laptop (unless you can find it in control panel or MSDOS or somewhere?) and do the ten minute heat test.
You can get a very basic idea of spec by Right clicking on Computer and then clicking on Properties. (Used to be My Computer pre Vista days.) Should tell you, CPU inc' GHz ratings, RAM,

Free app called Speccy, from Piriform. (CCleaner fame) Can tell what hardware is running. Or even simpler, a portable version of CPU-Z, will tell you everything too. http://cpu-z-portable.en.softonic.com/ Just whack it on a USB drive and take with you.

HarryECFC

Seems like a good buy for £100

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cpu-z is a pretty good tool for testing stability.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
The CPU is the highest available Turion, 2.2. It was hardly even warm after being switched on over an hour while I trained my client. Its ultra fast and a complete monster of a machine, well worth a punt