• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see you're a bit irritable today, Edwin, so I'll just dip a little toe into this argument.
What I found interesting is that although something was stolen you said that it was wasting the police's time to report it
That seems to be a very pertinent point. I think we and many other countries too just shrug our shoulders when small crimes have been committed, and over the years
the smaller crimes become bigger crimes as the bad guys learn that they can get away with it. So to a minor extent we live in lawless societies. And even the punishments are often very mild. Bloke beats up an old lady pensioner in her home and gets a suspended sentence; bloke rapes a girl and is told to go away and read about relationships.
Little by little the streets are becoming unsafe to walk. A whole lotta work needs to be done to produce good citizens, prevent crime, dish out appropriate sentences, and then educate and rehab the criminals. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable walking down Exeter High St. at 9 p.m on a Saturday night.
So, when a crime is committed it shouldn't be a question of turning a blind eye because the police are busy.
How about turning a blind eye cos the victims were signed up to the game and no one gives a monkeys? (apart from those who get a kick out of the idea of punishment)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
How about turning a blind eye cos the victims were signed up to the game and no one gives a monkeys? (apart from those who get a kick out of the idea of punishment)
Your comment is absurd, Edwin. The point is not to get a kick out of punishment : the point is to deter crime
I agree that the case of the stolen banner could not be classed as a major crime, but these kids need a sharp slap on the wrists to discourage them from committing other small crimes which might lead to bigger crimes. In the long run punishing them is doing them a favour
By the way, if someone stole your lawn mower you would be livid and you would report it, which is your right.

Rosencrantz

Whilst the RL (2015-2020) might not mind, the club probably don't want to issue an open invitation to anyone who fancies having a midnight kick about on the pitch to go knock themselves out without any consequences.

Legohead

Banned
Pointless arguing the toss as Mr Price is always right. ;)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your comment is absurd, Edwin. The point is not to get a kick out of punishment : the point is to deter crime
I agree that the case of the stolen banner could not be classed as a major crime, but these kids need a sharp slap on the wrists to discourage them from committing other small crimes which might lead to bigger crimes. In the long run punishing them is doing them a favour
By the way, if someone stole your lawn mower you would be livid and you would report it, which is your right.
Genuinely can't work out if I'm being trolled or you're legit. Do you understand that it was part of a flag stealing game that the 'victims' were signed up to? I don't have a lawnmower, but if I did, it would probably not be owned in this context. Its not a slippery slope to rape and pillage in the high street. It's kids playing a game that the victims are involved in as participants.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pointless arguing the toss as Mr Price is always right. ;)
Finally, a glimmer of sense.

Legohead

Banned
You are the troll.

Legohead

Banned
Finally, a glimmer of sense.
Well one of us has to offer some.

IndoMike

Genuinely can't work out if I'm being trolled or you're legit. Do you understand that it was part of a flag stealing game that the 'victims' were signed up to? I don't have a lawnmower, but if I did, it would probably not be owned in this context. Its not a slippery slope to rape and pillage in the high street. It's kids playing a game that the victims are involved in as participants.
No.1. I never "troll"
No.2. You are saying that the RL signed up to some contest about stealing the oppo's flags or banners? I must have missed that

StudentGrecian

No.2. You are saying that the RL signed up to some contest about stealing the oppo's flags or banners? I must have missed that
I think his point is that if it is the 'code' of the ultras to disband after rival ultras steal your flag, then it must be part of ultra code to steal others flags to force them to do so. Hence being ultras the RL did sign up to this in some way. (And is probably why they have said they aren't bothered about getting the police involved)

Last edited: