• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Reece Cole

Ex-ciderrr

Can’t see Cole moving at all, especially after signing a new deal only a few months ago. Edging into silly season and when rumours are going to circulate

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ten to one on, eh? Almost a cert.
1 out of 10. 😳

budegrecian

Neither Preston, Bolton, nor Portsmouth are the kind of club you could envisage paying out anything north of £500k tbh.
I like Reece, a lot, but if any of those clubs offer £500k, I’d take it like a shot.

Bridgy 81

I like Reece, a lot, but if any of those clubs offer £500k, I’d take it like a shot.
Especially if he’s got a bad back!

jimbo-gould

Neither Preston, Bolton, nor Portsmouth are the kind of club you could envisage paying out anything north of £500k tbh.
Preston have signed two players from us for a combined fee of £1.5m. That’s pretty willing to spend if you ask me.

cambmike

If Reece goes for £500K there might be questions about our ambitions

GrecianByTransit

Given his relationship with football and the fact that we gave him a chance and he has found a place where he flourishes, I'd like to think his choice would be to stay.

On the other hand, he may want to go for the money while he can.

Hope he stays, great bloke & great player

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Reece goes for £500K there might be questions about our ambitions
Not really, we know exactly what we are. We have to sell to keep out heads above water. It doesn't look likely we will get money for academy players over the Summer so if an offer comes up we'd have to consider it

GrecianByTransit

Not really, we know exactly what we are. We have to sell to keep out heads above water. It doesn't look likely we will get money for academy players over the Summer so if an offer comes up we'd have to consider it
Would definitely have to consider it. But staying in and establishing ourselves in this league is worth a lot to us, long term. At this time, Reece is the only proven centre midfielder on the books for next year. Personally I'd be wanting closer to the £1m mark

sign of the chimes

I'll going to give a 1/10 for probability on this one

I'd be very surprised if this one has legs.

Pete O'Rourke is usually pretty accurate when it comes to breaking deals just before they're announced, but I'm pretty sceptical of these sort of 'rule of three' tweets/articles (all journos, not Rourke specifically) as it seems, more often than not, they're the result of players' representatives trying to drum up interest and they rarely seem to come to fruition.

In relation to Pompey - I'm not sure if we're going to have a Reece Cole-shaped hole to fill - though I can't pretend to know what decisions will be made on incumbent players this summer at this stage.