• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rejoining/Supporting the Trust

Bittners a Legend

The Trust has obviously lost a number of members in the previous couple of years for innumerable reasons but I see no reason why, theoretically, it couldn't bring many of those people back. Presumably if you believed, or believe, in the model then you can be won back.

So I was curious to know whether there are people out there that have left and rejoined following the turbulence of this summer and the response of the Trust? Or whether people are contemplating it? Or could be persuaded?

I was very close to leaving but have decided to stay and am very happy with some of the actions they have taken. I think there is an acknowledgement of mistakes and a need to ensure Trust values are reflected by the Club not to mention that accountability is much stronger.

It cannot have been an easy summer for any of our current Trustees, probably more stress than any volunteer would hope for, and certainly if people are supportive of what they have done it would be nice to see that reflected in an increase in membership.

For those that haven't/don't intend to rejoin what might persuade you?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hanging on to see what happens in the next couple of months and if some change happens around the elections. If it looks positive I'd be happy to rejoin.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Trust has obviously lost a number of members in the previous couple of years for innumerable reasons but I see no reason why, theoretically, it couldn't bring many of those people back. Presumably if you believed, or believe, in the model then you can be won back.

So I was curious to know whether there are people out there that have left and rejoined following the turbulence of this summer and the response of the Trust? Or whether people are contemplating it? Or could be persuaded?

I was very close to leaving but have decided to stay and am very happy with some of the actions they have taken. I think there is an acknowledgement of mistakes and a need to ensure Trust values are reflected by the Club not to mention that accountability is much stronger.

It cannot have been an easy summer for any of our current Trustees, probably more stress than any volunteer would hope for, and certainly if people are supportive of what they have done it would be nice to see that reflected in an increase in membership.

For those that haven't/don't intend to rejoin what might persuade you?
It was reported at the TB meeting that several people had rejoined and a few new ones too so Trust membership is back up to 3,000.

I never contemplated leaving, the Trust is all we have.

With the changes at Club and Trust things are looking much more positive than they did a few months ago.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was wondering about this earlier this evening while at work. I think it's about time I increased my subs, there has been some good work recently by the Trust Board and this should be encouraged.

I wish they were able to be more open.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
After many years of dithering, I finally joined the Trust six weeks ago or so. I'm not one to brag but, ahem, we've seen a lot of good changes since then. (LLL)

motorservices

Ive been a trust member for years, my eldest daughter is also a trust member (although she has never seen us play :( ) i thought about leaving, but couldnt, now im thinking of raising mine and Courtney's subs each month, im pleased with the last month and the remember

THE FUTURES BRIGHT, ITS RED N WHITE

After 9 years I left in June. The loan and Tisdale's salary. If Tisdale drops his down to an average salary then I'd return.

I had an email to say someone would be in touch re my cancellation reasoning but no one ever contacted me.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I left in a fit of pique after 11 years and 2 month's continuous membership. I then rejoined after a 3 month break after being persuaded by a Trust Board member that it would be better to fight for the cause from the inside than from the outside. I'm glad I took his advice.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was a member for years, and left in 2012, not because of performances etc, but purely because of disillusionment with it, rejoined a couple of months ago though, as weirdly this forum has opened my eyes a bit to what the problems are

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Threatened to quit after the loan fiasco but never did. Glad I didn't now.