• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Respect Award Double for City

ecfc70

Another 10k in the pot, well done city

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/exeter-city-awarded-fa-respect-award-for-second-year-running-2545190.aspx

will we go for the hat-trick or will we start to get some tackles in

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excellent news.

Pobbop

Well done :)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
On the face of it good news. Can we please however focus on making sure that the ten grand a year isn't costing us x number of points. If we can or if we are already then (y)

andrew p long

Can we please however focus on making sure that the ten grand a year isn't costing us x number of points.
Funnily enough I think it was the other way round last season.

IIRC our one sending off was a silly one for Tom Nichols who then missed three games suspended (and lost his rythym) when we most needed his goals during the run in. Without that sending off we'd have done better...

Terryhall

From the FA press release, I spotted this a bit further down the page:

National League System Steps 1-4 (Clubs) – Curzon Ashton FC
Curzon Ashton have led the way in disciplined self-control at the senior levels of the National League System for a number of years. Having incurred six dissent cautions in 2012-13, the club imposed an even stricter code of conduct for the following season which then led to no dissent cautions or dismissals for foul and abusive language. This season the club couldn’t quite repeat that remarkable feat, but a total of two dissent cautions in two seasons is very impressive. This was achieved against a backdrop of continuous pressure on the players as they won the First Division North title in 2013-14 and finished as Play-Off winners for promotion to the Football Conference this term.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Funnily enough I think it was the other way round last season.

IIRC our one sending off was a silly one for Tom Nichols who then missed three games suspended (and lost his rythym) when we most needed his goals during the run in. Without that sending off we'd have done better...
Yes, this.

Well done again City, other clubs should be following our example, sadly the clamour is usually for us to be more dirty instead.

richard_portland

Any good side needs a balance. Winning the fair play isn't a bad thing specifically but we would make far more than ten grand by doing better on the pitch and upping the average gate by 100 per home game. If we can win more matches and have a good fair play record then all well and good but we could do with being a tougher side.

we have definitely missed out on decisions in the past and as nice an idea as it is, I think other sides are going to be focusing more on winning matches than getting this award.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
and as nice an idea as it is, I think other sides are going to be focusing more on winning matches than getting this award.
What do you mean "other sides"? Do you honestly think we prioritise having a good discipline record over winning football matches?

richard_portland

What do you mean "other sides"? Do you honestly think we prioritise having a good discipline record over winning football matches?
No I think sometimes our way means we miss out on key decisions .