• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Woods signs on loan

Mid Devon Grecian

Your comment talking absolute barnacles isn't constructive input either. Have you got Hartridge lined up as our throw in coach for 15 years time too?
I swear people on this forum are incapable of comprehending the written form. Nuance is definitely not a thing.

I merely said we could perhaps offer him more than a straight contract IF IT INTERESTED HIM.

I then made a comparison between another excellent player who also became a superb coach and manager for us.

What is it with our fan base always being defeatist?

Oh he wouldn’t come to poor old Exeter if he wanted a coaching job/big fat salary/nice house/suitable school for his kids/good quality of life ….blah blah blah….we’d be the last place he’d come, our model just won’t enable it.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Caldwell as much as described Carroll as a Macdonald replacement
Whilst I'm sure this is true, he didn't end up living up to that billing

Caldwell clearly likes him but I don't think he's quite what we thought we were going to get hence signing Woods in the first place

GrecianByTransit

I swear people on this forum are incapable of comprehending the written form. Nuance is definitely not a thing.

I merely said we could perhaps offer him more than a straight contract IF IT INTERESTED HIM.

I then made a comparison between another excellent player who also became a superb coach and manager for us.

Oh he wouldn’t come to poor old Exeter if he wanted a coaching job/big fat salary/nice house/suitable school for his kids/good quality of life ….blah blah blah….we’d be the last place he’d come, our model just won’t enable it.
"The written form"

Nuff said

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

It's not defeatist to suggest that you talking about Ryan Woods being our manager was strange. I'm just not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Mid Devon Grecian

It's not defeatist to suggest that you talking about Ryan Woods being our manager was strange. I'm just not sure how you came to that conclusion.
As I said, some people seem to have problems reading what was actually said in posts on this site

“someone like Ryan could be a future manager.”

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Message for MDG:

1715671363437.png