• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

sad day for the gulls and Devon football

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
To those reveling in the gulls relegation just remember when we where at our lowest ebb in 2003 they came to play us in a friendly and allowed us to keep all the proceeds to help save our club and get us to that first game against Halifax in 2003. A shame you have gone but i hope you return soon.

Also if its a simple case of us or them then yes them but its not that simple. All the best in the conference. Get your BT sport subscriptions ready

Bittners a Legend

I'm sad to see them go as well and hope they make a speedy return. Certainly not good for League football in Devon nor for ECFC.

Chuckles

Torquay will go part time next season, with directors refusing to put their hands in their pockets. Can't see them ever returning to the football league

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sad times for us Devon fans, I've also heard the financial rumours.

The loss of revenue should be a concern for both clubs that remain.

I'll try to watch them a few times next season, if I'm not attending Argyle matches.

Best wishes to the Gulls fans on here.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sad to see them go as well and hope they make a speedy return. Certainly not good for League football in Devon nor for ECFC.
Amen to that.

Good luck for the future Gulls, hope you're not back in non-league for too long.

KentGull

Thought I'd just pop in to have a laugh at you all gloating at our demise.... only to be pleasantly surprised by the messages on here.....

sadly, I don't see us regaining our league status in my lifetime and therefore doubt I'll have any reason to venture on to Exeweb in the future.

Just wanted to say it's been a good laugh on here on the whole and the majority of you are decent people and wish you and your respective clubs all the best for the future whatever it may hold...

KG CP

grecianfaniow

Its just **** luck I really don't like this two down malarky and they want three down soon, if that's the case we will probably see you soon, good luck turkeys you will need it down there its one person of as league to get out of as you guys know

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
To those reveling in the gulls relegation just remember when we where at our lowest ebb in 2003 they came to play us in a friendly and allowed us to keep all the proceeds to help save our club and get us to that first game against Halifax in 2003. A shame you have gone but i hope you return soon.

Also if its a simple case of us or them then yes them but its not that simple. All the best in the conference. Get your BT sport subscriptions ready
It is totally that simple. two sides have to be relegated and we were far too close for comfort to be picky as to who went down. Given a choice then two northern sides with poor supports would be my first choice but if it has to be a local one Torquay are the best option. Bristol rovers have bought more fans in last two seasons than Torquay.

They can have a friendly if they want.

geoffwp

I often wonder when L2 will merge with the conference prem to become L2 north and south. Either that or a three up and down or even four. Anything to make the move between the two more fluid. Would at least mean that good old time league sides hitting an unfortunate low wouldn't be destined to to years of struggle to regain league status. As gf says, it's a person of a league to get out of now. It almost reads like an L2 league sheet from 15 years ago.

IJN

I think it was last season where for the first time ever, the top 14 clubs were all ex league clubs (it may have been the season before), that says it all in my book.