• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scapegoat XI

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rekeem Harper MR

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rekeem Harper MR
Are we talking unjustified scapegoats? In Harper's case most of the criticism levelled at him was very justified.

STURTZ

I think with Bucks it was his general demeanor that got supporters backs up. Same with many underrated players if he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself then he is disliked, same with Danny Coles and to an extent Will Aimson.
'Course in Buckles case shagging Ashley Bayes girlfriend didn't help!😉

Steve Basham would replace Morrison for me, used to wind up everyone around me in the Old Grandstand!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Artur has to be GK the amount of abuse he used to get from some was well beyond a joke.

Stewart Fleetwood is defo on there somewhere especially when he came back and scored against us.

Mid Devon Grecian

I think with Bucks it was his general demeanor that got supporters backs up. Same with many underrated players if he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself then he is disliked, same with Danny Coles and to an extent Will Aimson.
Same for Mark Gavin IMO. Just because he was a surly, miserable sod he got singled out. I didn’t like the guy but I think was based on his attitude rather than his performances. His performances may have been sub par as well; too long ago to remember!

Same for Mark Gavin IMO. Just because he was a surly, miserable sod he got singled out. I didn’t like the guy but I think was based on his attitude rather than his performances. His performances may have been sub par as well; too long ago to remember!
And the haircut didn't help :ROFLMAO:

Tim Long

Along the line of Marky Gav, who got stick because it got out that he was on a larger wage than the rest of the squad, what about Mickey Ross? Bally had to announce that City had 'only' paid thirty grand for him as he was getting it in the neck because of a rumour City had paid six figures for him.

For the Mark Gavin haters, there was a story, I think in When Saturday Comes, that when he was an apprentice at Leeds, he was such an annoying cocky sod that the first team bundled him into a laundry basket and rolled it around the training ground.

Antony Moxey

No, Coles was a complete count, everything he got was entirely deserved.

tonykellowfan

Coles can't be a scapegoat as most of it was his fault.