• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scot Bennett

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well in that case that was two very rash decisions by Nichols late in games that may well have cost us a play off spot. But he's popular.

Bittners a Legend

Really disappointed to see him go. Think he has been treated/managed very poorly. As I posted earlier in this thread he is probably never going to play higher than League One but he looked decent enough for our level and was never given the opportunity he deserved at centre back in my opinion. Taking the captaincy off him and giving it to Oakley was the final insult.

Given what a high importance we as a football club have decided to place on homegrown players to lose one in the manner we have lost Bennett is not a great reflection on Tisdale.

Good Luck Scot wherever you end up.

milts

Good luck to Scott but sadly never good enough. Will struggle to get a league club IMO

Bittners a Legend

Good luck to Scott but sadly never good enough. Will struggle to get a league club IMO
Don't agree with that. Definitely a limited player but comfortably good enough for league football I think. Suspect he will end up with a decent deal elsewhere and hopefully for him a manager willing to play him at centre back.

Pobbop

Good luck to him in his future.

Fancy he'll end up in the Conference, but hey prove me wrong.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Messed around by Tisdale which wasn't really fair so I think it's best he's moved on. I wish him well.

I think he'll find a league club. He's played enough games at this level for someone to offer him something in the football league. If I had to go for a random punt I'd say he'd end up at Yeovil.

Devon_Lad

Jack of all trades master of none last season. If we are to push for play-offs next season we need better than him. I guess he was a bit unlucky that at the time he wouldve been initially looking to get his chance in the first team he had Troy, Taylor and Seaborne to get ahead of.

neilybags

Very sad to see him go. I think he has been badly let down by the manager. Moved around all over the pitch, stripped of the captaincy and then dropped without any readily apparent reason. We needed him in the centre of our defence for the last part of the season but instead he was kept on the bench. Poor management.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Echo a lot of comments on this page. Good luck for your future Scot.

According to a post on Facebook Scot is going to Truro?????

Last edited: