• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Prices

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
not sure about that to be fair

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

Well unfortunately I can't take advantage of the the super saver or the saver so will have to opt for the 6 monthly DD still saving 5 quid a game which is 115 quid over the year. I'm happy with that.

As with everything in this country, prices go up. Brighton charge 20 quid to sit in their away end with a worse view than Don Valley, can't remember the price that Gills charge but think it's the same to sit on scaffolding.

They are dropping the costs for the police charges.

What do you really expect from a club that is Trust run?
Bit of a sweeping statement,

also as an example you can attend Premier league games for £20 !

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit of a sweeping statement,

also as an example you can attend Premier league games for £20 !
Supply and demand though, the reason a lot of Premiership games are priced like that is because they have rows of empty seats up in the nose bleeds.

BlockC

Just a quick clarifcation for earlier post - my understanding is that next season for there will be no handling charge for advance tickets just postage.

wemissmoxey

Supply and demand though, the reason a lot of Premiership games are priced like that is because they have rows of empty seats up in the nose bleeds.
to counter that our ground is very rarely anywhere near sold out

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brighton charge 20 quid to sit in their away end with a worse view than Don Valley, can't remember the price that Gills charge but think it's the same to sit on scaffolding.
Gillingham charge a massive £23.00 POTD to sit in an uncovered temporary stand. Thank God its only once a season.

Still doesn't make it right, though.

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
to counter that our ground is very rarely anywhere near sold out
Our average is probably about 75% of capacity so far this season, that's pretty good for a L1 club in an area with no real interest for the sport.

I don't think dropping the price would make much difference TBH. Say everyone was paying £15 for a ticket then a crowd of 5,000 would generate £75,000. Drop the price by £2 and that drops £10,000 for the same size crowd. That means you need 770 more people to get a similar £75k (and £10 spare for a pasty and a few pints ;))

Let's really drop the price to £10 average, now you need 7500 people to generate the same cash as 5000 people paying £15, I'm not sure that games like Stockport could pull in that many people even at a tenner, especially if that isn't a special rate but the price across the season.

I'm not saying that cheaper tickets won't get more fans in, just that you need to steadily attract a certain number before it becomes viable for the club.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe you wanna ask the Yeovil fans about our pricing increase. A few year ago their matchday prices shot up by about 7 quid a match. The fans were rightly so, p*ssed off with this. And due to this dramatic increase they lost alot of fans.

Yeovilgrecian

Maybe you wanna ask the Yeovil fans about our pricing increase. A few year ago their matchday prices shot up by about 7 quid a match. The fans were rightly so, p*ssed off with this. And due to this dramatic increase they lost alot of fans.
Yeah I stopped going.....

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmmmm.....seat at Old Trafford now only £4.00 more expensive than next season's POTG Flybe price*-)