• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Senior Reds

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did anyone ask him if he was willing to take over management ?
Up The Democratic City
He said he was not interested in managing. He runs a pub instead.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He said he was not interested in managing. He runs a pub instead.
Would be a good manager of our Centre Spot then ?

iscalad

Our Next Meeting

All supporters are welcome to attend a meeting organised by the Senior Reds on Wednesday 7th February in the John Lewis Trust Suite, when our guest will be former City striker Ray Pratt.

As many of you will remember, Welshman Ray spent six years with the club, joining for £10,000 from Merthyr Tydfil in 1980. During that time he scored 61 goals from 173 appearances, before moving into local football.

Ray will have many stories to tell and memories to share.

Doors will open at 1pm for the usual refreshments and social chat, with the meeting itself starting at 2pm.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our Next Meeting

All supporters are welcome to attend a meeting organised by the Senior Reds on Wednesday 7th February in the John Lewis Trust Suite, when our guest will be former City striker Ray Pratt.

As many of you will remember, Welshman Ray spent six years with the club, joining for £10,000 from Merthyr Tydfil in 1980. During that time he scored 61 goals from 173 appearances, before moving into local football.

Ray will have many stories to tell and memories to share.

Doors will open at 1pm for the usual refreshments and social chat, with the meeting itself starting at 2pm.
Can whoever is organising get him signed up before window closes ?

Bridgy 81

I’m fortunate to be the person putting the questions to Ray on 7th February.
I’m really chuffed with this as he quickly became one of my favourite players when I first started coming down to support City in the early 80s, so to have this opportunity to talk him through his career is brilliant for me.
I’ll be compiling my notes over the next couple of weeks but if anyone on here has any questions for Ray or (usable) stories about him I’ll try and incorporate them if possible.
Hopefully we’ll have a good turnout on the day and some interesting interaction from the audience as well.

andrew p long

Can whoever is organising get him signed up before window closes ?
Not a problem - he's a free agent so we can sign him on 7 February after the window has closed.

(don't let on, but the plan is kidnap him on 7 February and not to let him go back home until he's signed a contract!)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a problem - he's a free agent so we can sign him on 7 February after the window has closed.

(don't let on, but the plan is kidnap him on 7 February and not to let him go back home until he's signed a contract!)
Once a Grecian ALWAYS a Grecian !

Rosencrantz

Probably one of the most underrated goalscorers in my time of watching City.

Oldsmobile-88

Probably one of the most underrated goalscorers in my time of watching City.
Especially as about a third of those appearances were off the subs bench.

Rosencrantz

Especially as about a third of those appearances were off the subs bench.
One of my early games I went to was the 4-3 win against Torquay on Boxing Day when Ray scored a hat trick.