• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheff Wed Fans Reaction....

exehausted2

I enjoyed the ramble too but back on topic can I just add this to the "curse of 'teams like Exeter' " list:

"If we can't pound teams like Exeter into the ground, we don't deserve to be promoted. 3 points please."

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've put more managers on the dole than David Cameron.

exehausted2

Actually, apologies to Beastie, he's right on topic, just that he's demonstrating a positive reaction.

Pete Martin (CTID)

...I'm not a modern ground type of footy fan, there's exceptions but most of em are much of a muchness and have Ikea stamped all ower em, go to a ground like yours and it just oozes proper footy.
If you're still around I'd be interested in your opinion on the Galpharm at Huddersfield. I always think that is one of the best relatively modern stadiums in the country. For me; a sensible size, well designed, interesting and yet still has some character about it.

Beastie

If you're still around I'd be interested in your opinion on the Galpharm at Huddersfield. I always think that is one of the best relatively modern stadiums in the country. For me; a sensible size, well designed, interesting and yet still has some character about it.
If I remember mate :$ I will

I think I know what you mean BTW.

I quite like Barnsley as an updated ground, though as a Wednesday fan we're not supposed to say that, but it's been modernised and though I loved the away end when it was basically a mound, it's one of the better modernised places though it's not a new build. I like Loftus Road in the same way.

I hate the likes of the RICOH which would be my personal worst, followed by Stokes Britannia Stadium. I got into toruble with someone at the club when I had a go at the new Colchester ground too but I was comparing it to Layer Road, one of my all time favourites

We went to Newcastle last season and whilst I loved the whole weekend away and the craic with their fans was brilliant it has to be the worst view I've ever had at a footy match...the view from our house is better.

I digress...as ya can see it's a pet subject of mine....I will try and remember about Huddersfield

southamptongrecian

Hi Beastie,
a great read, and glad you both got home ok.

KingBilly

Just wanted to thank Beastie for that fantastic report on his trip to Devon. The missus asked me several times "what the hell are you laughing at?" as I read through it. Your exploilts with the nose trimmer had me in tears of laughter.

I started this thread with a somewhat negative view of Wednesday fans and their arrogant view of our little team. You, Beastie, have gone a long way to change my negativity. Thanks for that.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
yep it was a great read. i wouldnt have made the trip myself but glad you got back ok

elginCity

Back in the day, real Yorkshiremen used to pull their nasal hairs out by hand.

In clumps.

A Blade once told me that, not a Gay one either.

Great read though Beastie Bauy. :D

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Thanks for that Beastie. Was a great read. Glad you got home safely and nice to read compliments about our fans and ground given the attitude you got from the steward, the 'toilets' and the result.