• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters

hatch4england

He should do what is best for his family.

E

ECFC1984

IMHO he's looking for support and reassurance from the club after a difficult past six months, what with the business over Hiley leaving, the leaking of team selections to Grays and the dip in form that saw us fall away from the play-offs, plus he's had a few knock-backs with players he's tried to sign.

If he gets the support and reassurance that he's "still loved" - which is the impression I get from Paul Morrish's statement on the club's website - I feel he will stay, get over this rocky patch and be ready to lead us on to better things next season.

Fingers crossed he'll stay.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Here's hoping he'll stay. We need stability more than anything - 7 managers in the last 10 years isn't great to be honest..........

jonny

If he's considering leaving us for MK poxy Dons then surely his heart won't be in it here.Even if he doesn't go,we will almost certainly lose him to another team,and it could be at a more vital part of the season.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
jonny said:
If he's considering leaving us for MK poxy Dons then surely his heart won't be in it here.Even if he doesn't go,we will almost certainly lose him to another team,and it could be at a more vital part of the season.
I am not sure about that.... no one really thought that Henry would stay at the Arse did they? But having dealt brilliantly with all the speculation, no one can say he is not committed to the Arse, as they say in North Lahhnden.

E

EXEfactor

Nothing to do with heart in this case. All to do with money. Henry has the luxury of not needed the cash or to prove himself. Alex has not proved himself at all with us and we haven't got the money

LammieLammieLammie

Do you Reckon it's about Money? Honestly?

E

EXEfactor

I do. He is only 34 and hasn't made it yet. we are cash strapped and will always be that way. Success invariably in football is bought through transfer fees and wages. We can't offer either. He wants to be a league manager and what better way to be one than join MK dons. If he felt we had a chance of promotion next season he would stay. To even consider a move means he doesn't see that as a reality. Sorry Lammie but by talking to other clubs about another job opportunity tells me he has already made up his mind to leave.

Gozzer

Getting clubs promoted is the way to build a reputation as a manager. In L2 there are 24 clubs going for 4 promotion places (2 get relegated) whereas in the Conference there are only 2 promotion places (I can't honestly see City going down).

Even so, I think Alex has a better chance of making a name for himself here than at a sack-happy club like MK Dons and their incredible shrinking fan base.

bostin

LammieLammieLammie said:
I am not sure about that.... no one really thought that Henry would stay at the Arse did they? But having dealt brilliantly with all the speculation, no one can say he is not committed to the Arse, as they say in North Lahhnden.
...yes but what d'you think was one of the main criteria for Henry staying? Clue: where do you think Henry's wife is from? And what is the main reason for Chevchenko going to Chelsea? He says (if you believe it of course) that his wife wants their kids to learn English.

The fact that Alex's wife may have traipsed off back to London to start earning some money again speaks volumes. I think the decision is probably out of Alex's hands tbh. Good luck to him if that's his (or should I say her) decision, just please make the decision quickly that's all I ask.