• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP naming rights

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me it's

SJP
Big bank
Away end
Doble
Stanno
No. OG and Shed, although the new OG should be the NOG.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree up to a point but I will always call St James Park , St James Park! In fact it's still the big bank, cowshed, old grandstand and away end for me! If someone wants to throw money at Exeter City to rename the stadium it's fine with me. The only proviso no betting companies....
totally agree regards no betting companies. The explosion in gambling addiction shouldn't be aided and abetted by our club imo. Before anyone asks yes i do like the occasional flutter but am fully aware that in my children's generation and within the local football scene gambling is rife and endemic. i fear that within five to ten years the problems of gambling addiction will explode in society as much is hidden by shame in my opinion

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
totally agree regards no betting companies. The explosion in gambling addiction shouldn't be aided and abetted by our club imo. Before anyone asks yes i do like the occasional flutter but am fully aware that in my children's generation and within the local football scene gambling is rife and endemic. i fear that within five to ten years the problems of gambling addiction will explode in society as much is hidden by shame in my opinion
Totally agree with everything said on this subject and let’s never forget you never see any badly dressed or in any way struggling bookies.

iscalad

Totally agree with everything said on this subject and let’s never forget you never see any badly dressed or in any way struggling bookies.
Alistair20000 Park....

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club / trust already have a policy of no gambling companies directly sponsoring the club.

Colesman Ballz

Exeweb's Alistair20000 will no doubt be pleased with your appreciation of his sartorial elegance ! :)

Alistair20000

Exeweb's Alistair20000 will no doubt be pleased with your appreciation of his sartorial elegance ! :)
Indeed but losses have been piling up of late so this particular part time Bookie is definitely struggling :(

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
His suits are a bit on the loud side.

Alistair20000

Gents

Hants will be boxing our ears very soon for going off topic :)

Grecian Max

No. OG and Shed, although the new OG should be the NOG.
The Doble is so far removed from the Cowshed, it cannot be the Shed

Similarly, the Stanno is completely different to what became before, it’s neither “old” or a “grandstand”

The Big Bank retains its monicker due to it still being… a big Bank

Here to inform