• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So where has the money gone?

Saint James

This isn't meant to be an anti Tisdale/Tagg/Club post merely hoping someone can do the maths. Tiz stated this week in an interview that his budget is fully spent.

From last season we have lost the services of a number of high profile players e.g. Noble, Nicholls, Stockley, Clinton, Hoskins, McCallister, Ribero, and Oyeleke, We have replaced them with players that appear on the face of it to be 'lower grade quality' and therefore I would reasonably assume much cheaper wages? My back of the fag packet workings would see a potential reduction in salaries (yes I know I don't have the actuals) of 3-4k a week (so in the region of 200k a season).

I don't recall when the Grimes money is finished and we all know that we did well from Liverpool and Tom Nicholls last season therefore why has the tap been so severely turned off this season leaving us with such a threadbare squad?

If the money has been swallowed up in planning/Architects/legal fees or has been put aside for the Astro facility at the C&F that's fine but some communication to that effect could allay fears?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grimes money was to spread over 3 years, as I recall.

Saint James

He was sold in Jan 2015 so it appears we should have received around half the money so far?

Red Devon

The club told us over two months ago that 600k had been allocated for the 3G training pitch at the Cat & Fiddle and a further 1.2M is needed for an indoor pitch and training facility.

Saint James

The club told us over two months ago that 600k had been allocated for the 3G training pitch at the Cat & Fiddle and a further 1.2M is needed for an indoor pitch and training facility.
Red, I thought the indoor pitch was merely an 'aspiration' of what they would like to have not that it was due to happen?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Footballs infamous black hole

rp42

Footballs infamous black hole
Aka Tis-Stale,Tagg,Perryman(smoke)

Red Devon

Red, I thought the indoor pitch was merely an 'aspiration' of what they would like to have not that it was due to happen?
Think is is needed for the academy to reach the next level, and then it will be something else for the next level after that...and that's how it will carry on!

ecfctis

Aka Tis-Stale,Tagg,Perryman(smoke)
Part of the reason I have not been so far and will not for the rest of the season and beyond..............!!!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
There was a fans forum last season which included a talk by the finance director. I believe he said then that the budget for this season would be reduced as the playing budget portion of the grimes money would have been spent by then. I watched it online as it was recorded, maybe someone can find the link and/or confirm if my recollection is correct.

I believe we were told the money would be in four parts every six months which would be Jan 15 July 15 Jan 16 July 16 so it should be all paid by now. Think the playing part was advanced. If this was a third we are talking 583,000 which has been spent in one and a half seasons without improving our league position. No evidence that any of the cup money and Nichols tf has gone towards the team which imo is wrong.

Also a third of the transfer should have gone to the club for contingency. If the academy third has been spent would be nice to have a breakdown of what that bought, and has the contingency money all been used up that quick. Also our gates were up by 200 approx, any idea if the income was also up?