• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Special 89/90 radio show this week

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Thought I'd do a new thread as there's a special this week.

Scott Hiley in the studio talking about the big reunion.
Shaun Taylor assesses the difference between football in 89/90, and in 2010
Mark Tyler with the Story of the Season (written by Exeweb's very own RaWZ)
Clips and memories of that great achievement, set to the Farm's - Altogether Now

Plus EVERY SINGLE SONG IN THE SHOW is from 1989 and 1990. Many of them were played regularly on the tannoy back then...

Saturday at 1pm, going out loud on the Red Square (or tune in to 107.3 Exeter FM) or listen online at www.exeter.fm

In future weeks, we'll play out interviews with the former players (which we'll get on Saturday).

Plus at half time, as Fullsy welcomes the players onto the pitch, we'll be playing some of those key moments over the tannoy (if it breaks the system I'm not buying a new one).

Joe

(Today is 20 years to the day since my first City game... I was 7, we beat York 3-1)

Rog H K

Somewhere I have a tape (you know the ones you put into a tape recorder,some of you yung 'uns wouldn't know what that is!). It has BBC commentary of the Norwich game at home. City 1-0 up, 3500 in the cowshed singing que sera sera and then It goes something like " Neville he through on goal, shoots, two nil, crowd going wild!

Happy Days.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somewhere I have a tape (you know the ones you put into a tape recorder,some of you yung 'uns wouldn't know what that is!). It has BBC commentary of the Norwich game at home. City 1-0 up, 3500 in the cowshed singing que sera sera and then It goes something like " Neville he through on goal, shoots, two nil, crowd going wild!

Happy Days.

Ahem Rog it was against Sunderland mate and it was ITV who showed the highlights from that one ;)

The Norwich game featured on BBC on Match of the Day

Last edited:

Rog H K

Yea so it was. Alzheimers setting in!

Rog H K

Ahem Rog it was against Sunderland mate and it was ITV who showed the highlights from that one ;)

The Norwich game featured on BBC on Match of the Day
It was BBC Radio Devon. I recorded the whole game on tape.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was BBC Radio Devon. I recorded the whole game on tape.
Those were the days!!

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Nice for us all to have something to look forward to! Going to be good to see those faces again this weekend.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Due to severe time constraints I won't be able to mix a podcast this week, HOWEVER....

The show has almost turned into a documentary of the 1989/90 season. I am really pleased with the content we have for you, and I've really enjoyed hearing the clips and highlights of a great season. It's all in the show Saturday at 1pm so I hope you can come along to a (sunny) Red Square to hear it.

If not I will post a link here on Exeweb on Sunday, which will allow you to listen back to the show in full.

Isn't there a game on tomorrow too? ;)

Joe

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Nice and early for you this week.... Saturday at 1pm it's a chance on a non matchday to hear our recent documentary on the 89/90 season (it tied in with the players returing to SJP for the Oldham game)...

Podcast is here if you can't wait that long.

COME ON CITY, 4 POINTS THIS WEEKEND OR BETTER PLEASE.... COME ON YOU REDS

Joe